Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35 - Doors

It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel toward our distant goal.
 ~Helen Keller~

******
This marks my 100th post. I wanted to make it a memorable one.... Yeah, I got nothin so I'm going with doors.

Real, surreal, physical or metaphysical, I find doors fascinating. They lead to and from interesting places if you let them. Before you open them they are full of excitement and mystery and untold adventure. I like looking at a door and imagining life behind it. This one has my imagination churning .

I like sayings about doors. I know, I'm odd, but some of my favorites are:  "When one door closes, another door opens." "When God closes a door he opens a window" (by the way, I like windows too)  and my personal favorite "The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” I think I'll open a door today. I feel called to. I wonder....

Today I'm grateful for:

Doors. They intrigue me. I sense a photo shoot coming. First pink glitter, then doors.

feeling balanced. For the first time in over a week I feel balanced. I'm not high on happy bubble fumes and I'm not the crazed sporker. I'm me, I'm choosing happy and I'm enjoying myself. For however long it lasts I will recharge the yellow sharpie and dust off the superhero cape.

Goodstuff. In our house, it's one word and it has universal meaning and I'm always supposed to know which meaning is meant. I say: Babe, what do you want for dinner? Babe says: Goodstuff. Today, you get to guess the universal meaning. Babe knows what it is :)

my man sharing a secret. A secret that may dramatically improve the outlook of our future and one I'm very excited about. *wiggles like a 2 year old that has to pee* OK, OK, so you wanna know what it is? See the item above...

randomness. At closer examination, it's usually not so random.

Jackson's possible release. Shhhhhh, don't jinx it

June. She is beyond amazing. She is awesomeness in 12 year old form. She is now and will forever be, my Garden Pixie and she humbles me every day.

141 days till our condo in paradise. I bet there are interesting doors there. I wonder if my Garden Pixie will turn into a Water Sprite?

quit smoking counters. They never fail to astound me. I have been Free and Healing for One Year, Five Months, Three Days, 2 Hours and 39 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 108 Days and 13 Hours, by avoiding the use of 31267 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $5,590.53. I think I can officially say I am a non-smoker. That was a freakin hard door to open.

the mystery door. I feel compelled to open it I just wish I knew where it was. I'll have to have faith I'll know it when I see it. I've mentioned patience is not my forte; right? *taps foot and drums fingers*

closed doors. They are the best ones. You have to work to open them and you never know what's on the other side.



2 comments:

  1. I want your no smoking counter! Congrats on being a nonsmoker! And may more people be blessed with the strength you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That counter is a shareware program I have on my office computer. When I get to work Monday I'll link you the link :)

    ReplyDelete