Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21 - Satisfaction with less than perfection

We will NEVER reach perfection. We are just not capable of it. We can get as close as humanly possible but there will always be flaws. Do you obsess about the flaws? Can you see past the flaws, or better yet, do you embrace the flaws and find beauty in the imperfection? Life is brilliant and it is also flawed. Stop pondering if the glass is half empty or half full and see the beauty of the glass and taste the sunshine in the wine.

Today I'm grateful for:

soft lessons. This morning as I left for work I was greeted by a spectacular sunrise. As I was getting into my car I noticed the reflection of this sunrise in the red top of my car. I'm a freak for reflections and I just HAD to get that image captured. Being too lazy to go back into the house to get my rig, I grabbed June's PnS out of my purse and snapped a few shots. In the camera they looks great. Once I pulled them they sucked. I was pissed off and sulking. After a while I just decided that the real gift was the fact that I learned, in the midst of a busy morning, to look up and see the sunrise and look down and see the reflection in my car. I quit whining.

flaws. They are what make is unique and individual. Flaws to some are beauty to others. I am a flawed individual. I'm OK with that. It gives me something to strive for.

coffee. On a morning like, it's what keeps me going.

faith. It chases away the fear. Well, at least most of it. We are in tornado warning till 4PM. I've seen tornados, they freak me the hell out. I don't like them Sam-I-Am. I'm working on releasing the fear, it's going just OK.

the saying "Do your best, let God take care of the rest". It means, get off your ass and DO something to help yourself. If you do, if you use your back and your heart, and your God given scene, God will help you.

knowing that sometimes you just CAN'T help yourself. I give. I give freely and with an untroubled heart. I don't give large, I can't, but I give. I give my attention, my time, my heart and my cash. I don't ask why, I don't judge who, I don't put conditions or justifications on it. I'm grateful I was built that way.

******





No comments:

Post a Comment