Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 5 - Seriously?


6/1/2020
Seriously? 




This is one of my pet peevs. Quite being a lazy ass and put your damn cart in the return. 

It costs nothing and typically very little effort to be kind. Putting your cart away IS kindness. It's kind to the guy who has to chase the carts around the parking lot. It's kind to the guy who needs the space you left your cart in. It' kind to the guy who happened to park near where you left your cart to avoid dings on his brand new Prius. It's kind to me. It will keep my brain from exploding. In nearly all cases, there is a return within a few steps of where your parked. Put the damn thing away and call it your good deed for the day. 

While I'm at it, here are a few more ways you can be kind:

After you use the ATM pull out of line before you put your cash away, buckle your seat belt, adjust the mirror and the radio. 

After pumping gas please move away from the pump and park before you do your grocery shopping in the mini-mart. This counts even if you have to go in to pay for your gas. 

Do not block an intersection. Nothing in your life is so important that you can't afford to get stuck at the red light. Consider it a kindness to yourself. There is nothing worse than having your ass stuck out in an intersection with pissed off drivers coming at you from all directions. Except maybe the reverse of shame. 

When crossing the street, yes, even in a crosswalk, wave thank you to the guy that stopped. 1) it will make them feel appreciated. Maybe for the only time that day. 2) pick up the pace. Even if your only pretending to move faster. Make like their time is important to you. 3) remember, it's a choice for them to stop. Don't get all "He better not hit me" or "I have the right of way" "if he hits me I'll sue his ass" His stopping is a choice. Get a bipolar (I'm bipolar so I know) of their meds and it can be sketchy if they stop or don't. Yes, things will be very bad for them if they kill you but you'll be dead and won't be able to gloat. 

Be kind to assholes. You have no idea why they are an asshole. It's it a bad day? Did his mother just die? Did he just get laid off due to Covid 19? Is he genetically predisposed to being an asshole? Does he not know he's an asshole? It doesn't mater. How someone treats you should never determine your reaction. Remember what your Granny told you "two wrongs do not make a right"

Respect always. I raised my kids with respect. I respect them and they respect me. However, I hear them say "I won't respect anyone how doesn't respect me" Wrong, eat your cookie in timeout. How you respect others says more about who you are than who they are. 

It's a proven fact that people learn far quicker by example. What kind of example do you want to set? 

~Peace

Today I'm grateful for:

God. He gave me a pause between thought and action. Something I didn't have more 3/4 of my life. I am reminded of how grateful I am for it very time I see carts wandering aimlessly in parking lots. 

putting my cart away. Given the rant above I'm hesitant to admit there have been times I haven't. My good deed for the day is done. 

being kind. There was a time when I wasn't. I was a gigantic asshole. In fact, until my early 40's I was an unmediated bipolar person. This in and of itself does not make a person unkind, however, in my case my form of mania was rage. This kinda took unkind to a new level. On top of that, I AM genetically predisposed to being an asshole. I'll introduce you to my father one day. I called myself Ms. Shankabitch. You can only guess what others called me. I have a lot of bad juju to make up for so each time I practice kindness Karma is less likely to turn me into a worm herder in Satan's garden. I'm honestly not sure I'm safe yet. 

Brutus (I named my camera) is at the Dr. He is getting cleaned and tested and put right. Midstate Camera is an amazing place run by this sweetheart of a man. For $75 he is getting a full cleaning, sensor check, settings optimized as well as all his lenses cleaned. I have never had any of my kit cleaned and I got it for Christmas of 2009. I can't wait to see what he can do!

remembering that I set Brutus back to factory reset. OMG am I a dumbass sometimes. I have been crying for months about the fact that I can't take a decent, in focus, vibrant photo. I'm thinking I've lost it, I've gone mental, my skill simply evaporated. I showed you this example in anther post

with Brutus

With my cellphone



so yesterday I decided to do a little homework. I found out that there have been several firmware updates since 2009. I updated it to the most recent. I read the user manual that I have not read since opening the box that Christmas day and discovered all of my settings were screwed up. I test fired, I set settings I pushed buttons. I actually found a button at the base of the lens that will allow you to see your aperture setting in real time. When did that get there? Anyway, I spent a little time doing what I should have done in the first damn place and guess what?



This is the photo I took. Look in the ball, you will see Brutus and I taking the shot, you will see the trees reflected and the sky bright and blue. ALL IN FOCUS. I hadn't lost it, I just forgot how to use it. Another answered prayer. 

a surprise gift of dinner and a movie. My middle daughter Kelly randomly sent me $20 so Joe and I could order pizza and watch Kinky Boots. All my daughters are wonderful but Kelly is my favorite. Dear Kelly, Please don't tell your sisters. Love you, Mom






























No comments:

Post a Comment