Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 302- Go Gators! I mean Bulldogs!

Roy in his Halloween Costume

Share/Bookmark

This weekend is the annual Jacksonville Freak Fest aka The Georgia Florida Game. This is when my city is taken over by every form of redneck, freak, college football fan you can imagine. Boss 1 is no exception. She lives in Jacksonville, Mecca to the Gator fan yet she is a Bulldog fan.

For those of you fortunate enough to have no idea what I'm talking about let me explain. First you have the Florida Gator's. Mascot is a Gator. Then you have The Georgia Bulldogs. Their mascot is Ugga the English Bulldog. They are college football teams and God's in these here parts. Once a year they meet in the home of our NFL Team the Jacksonville Jags. Funny, the annual "Gator Bowl" backs the stadium while the Jags games are usually blacked out due to poor attendance. Anyway, it's a big damn deal in these here parts.

 
Today I brought Roy into the office in his Halloween costume. He is dresses as Traitor Ugga. His story is that he shrunk in the laundry so he is now a Gator Fan. Please note the Gator Colors in the photo above. Psssst...his collar.

Boss 1 took one look at Roy this morning, heard him tell her of his costume, and nearly laughed herself into a coma. It was a laugh she and I both needed.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

distractions. Whether it's a college football game or a dog's Halloween costume, it's cleared the brain static and distracted me from the drama.

changing sides. In the war between the Bulldogs and the Gators I blow in the direction of the strongest wind. Boss 1 is a Bulldog fan. I have yet to be paid this month. GOOOOOO BULLDOGS!

unexpected calls. Seems we have been summoned to a meeting. I hope it goes better than the last one.

boys and dogs. The PM boys are playing football with Roy. Roy is winning. I am laughing.

God. The creator of my distractions and the orchestrator of my life.

surprises. Yet another distraction from the drama in my life. I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Stand by

an office full of dog lovers. Roy is one spoiled, pampered, patted bulldog.

oh, and Roy wanted me to add Cheeze-its. Apparently they are puppy crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment