Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 293 - Weight


Share/Bookmark

When you were a kid, did you ever do that thing with your arm that makes it appear to float? You know, where you push your arm down with one hand, while making your arm push as hard as it can against the pressure of your hand? You do that counting too 100 then let go and your arm feels like it's floating of it's own free will? Some kid dared me to do it when I was like 7 and it really freaked me out until my daddy told me they physics behind it. It dispelled the magic but I still thought it was a way cool trick.

Well, I think I'm going to have to tie a rope around my husband to keep him from floating away. The pressure this man has been under the last 6 years has just been lifted. JEA has made him an offer he can't refuse. Starting Monday, October 25th, 2010 my husband will be transformed into a civil servant with 4 weeks vacation, paid sick leave, medical insurance for US ALL, life insurance and a retirement plan. He's been validated and alleviated of the most intense self pressure I've ever seen.

He became the master of disguise and hid it well. Every now and then though, I would see him go vacant, the weight of it crushing the life out of him and he'd go sullen and silent. Me being me, would always assume I'd done something stupid and pissed him off. Now I know. Now I see what the weight did to him. I see it clearly now in it's dramatic absence. Now that it's gone I can't believe I never saw it. Yeah, I suck and I'm blind, but I'm also grateful it's over.

When the offer letter came and the weight was lifted, my husband began to float. He's been a good 3 feet off the floor ever since. There is a new light in his eye, a new lift to his step and a new tone in his voice. My husband is my hero. He man'd up, carried the weight and made it happen. We survived and in fact, thrived through one of the worst economic crisis's since the Great Depression due to his forethought, insight and hard work.

Yes the weight has lifted and he floats. But you know what? Forget the tether. He deserves to fly

Peace ~


Today I'm grateful for:

magic. My may floats, ain't it cool?

my man. He's my favorite, my #1, my hero and was long before JEA made him an offer. However, he is way hot when fully and regularly employed. *drools*

full time, regular employment.

relative job security.

medical insurance.

looking forward to retirement not dreading it, fearing it or avoiding it.

life. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment