Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 292 - You Know your Hot when...


Share/Bookmark

The man and I have a bit. You know, one of those inside jokes just between us. It goes "Did I ever tell you you you're hot when you (insert adjective)" the other will reply "Well, no, you never have!" then the other other would reply back "Oh Man! I suck! Well you are!"

Last night the man handed me a booklet. It contained the information and options for medical insurance. The man and I have been self insured since 2006 and prior to that we had no insurance for a stretch of time. Our self insurance goes like this:

Me: I'd like to get my yearly mammogram please

Insurance company: Sure, pay for it yourself and I will add it to your $20,000 yearly deductible.

Me: Crap

Insurance company: that is not a covered item

So, when the man handed me the booklet I said "Have I ever told you you're hot when fully insured with like, REAL insurance and stuff?"

Peace ~


Today I'm grateful for:

being one step closer to real, valid, USABLE medical insurance.

my man being hot. With or without insurance my man is hot.

the safe arrival of cousin gifts. Yay! She liked it!

making time. I manufactured enough time to write 3 paragraphs this morning. The book is progressing.

unclenching. Today's the first time in like 2 weeks that I've been able to, with concerted effort and forethought, unclench. Hey, it's a start and I'm grateful for it.

extra prayers. Cuz sometimes on just ain't enough.

Lilly my hot pink iPod. She is singing to me. At the moment she's singing "On and On" by Stephen Bishop. I know the words are sad but the tune is soothing and makes me feel like I'm back in my little condo on the beach. The waves are rolling loudly onto the beach. Pelican's are diving for their breakfast in an ocean that's 7 shades of blue. Now THAT is a non-chemical mood stabilizer.




No comments:

Post a Comment