Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 263 - Leaving on a Jet Plane


Share/Bookmark

Too much of a good thing is bad. This includes vacations. I'm preparing to leave for Bible Camp on Thursday. I'll be away from home and hearth for 6 days. I'm not at all happy about leaving home. I want to see my mom. I want to immerse myself in God's Glory and the Glory of Godly Women, but I do not want to leave home. Enough is enough. I'm tired of kissing my favorite human goodbye. I want to stuff him in my pocket and take him with me. But alas I can't. What I can tell you is that I will not leave him behind again for quite some time. 

Next years vacation? One week at home with my man. No Siesta Key, no MD, no Bible camp. I think I'm going to take a year off. Too much vacation is a bad thing.

But a year off is good. Because the year after that? 2012? Hawaii baby! And I get to take my favorite human with me.

*practices her hula*

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

leaving on a jet plane. I may not be looking forward to leaving, but I am looking forward to Bible Camp, one on one time with my Ma and a just a touch of fall to feed my soul. Oh, and let me tell you something, Christian woman know how to eat!

returning home. It's always the best part of going away.

carry on luggage. It's a pain but boy does it save time when you fly from JAX to BWI to Green then reverse.

a man who lets me go, misses me when I do, then welcomes me home when I return. He's the reason I don't want to go and the reason coming home is so grand. And I'm not even sucking up. Go figure.

God. Because he is the reason I'm leaving and thanks to him I will return home. One home or the other.


1 comment:

  1. I will miss you Mom. It's funny because usually I wouldn't even know you were leaving. Usually you would be gone and back before I ever even knew. It eliminates a lot of the worry. Now, damnit, I'm gonna have to miss you AND worry. At least I know no matter what could happen you would be at peace with it. And, that matters more than any opinion or debate.
    *~Kelly~*

    ReplyDelete