Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 218 - 24 Hours

In 24 hours I'll be home. There will be moments when I feel small again. There will be moments where I'm driven to drink. There will be moments I'm homesick and longing for some quiet face time with my favorite human. There will be moments I'm just happy to be with my mommy and away from the office.

Today I'm grateful I'll be home in 24 hours. I'm grateful I made it out of the office only 1.5 hours late. I'm grateful the man was not angry. I'm grateful I discovered the Pixie was 1/2 packed. I'm grateful for only 3 loads of laundry. I'm grateful I've not gone insane. I'm grateful the key mountain has been eroded to a mole hill. I'm grateful for the "You can't leave!"'s and the "What will we do without you?"'s I know I'm not indispensable but I feel I am. I love my job and the people I work with. There is no describing how grateful I am for that.

See you on the flip side of D.C.

Peace ~

From our Trip to D.C. in 2005
Wonder if I've learned anything since then?

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment