This Blog Has Moved

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 213 - Tale of Two Halves

I woke up this morning with a bug up my butt. I was sullen, didn't want to go to church, didn't want to lead the youth in God's Garage, didn't want to make the 2.5 hour drive to pick up my young cousin.

The weather on the other hand was outstanding. The temp was reasonable for the first time in over a week, the sky was the perfect shade of sky blue and the clouds were those 3-D giant fluffy white ones that you swear you can reach out and touch and taste just like cotton candy.

I did go to church, I did lead in God's Garage, I did make that 2.5 hour drive to get my young cousin. On the way I prayed, I let the sky heal me, I let the music of my iPod sooth me, I let the gentle rhythmic conversation with the Pixie cheer me as the 185 miles rolled under the tires of my little red Mustang and by the time I reached my destination, I was healed mind, body and spirit. I had been lifted out of my funk.

The ride home? Well I was in a fabulous mood, but the weather had turned. The 185 mile return home took more than 3 hours and it rain so hard that at one time I had to drive less than 1/2 the speed limit with my flashers on.

Good thing I like the rain.

Peace ~


Today I'm grateful for the power of prayer and the healing power of the sky. I'm grateful for my baby girls contagious happy heart. I'm grateful for the healing power of music and the joy my little red Mustang brings me.

Rain heals & restores

It's also fun to run around barefoot in the rain playing with a camera.

What can I say, Sally looks good wet

In case you're clueless, I'll let you on a secret. I love Sundays. Even 1/2 rainy ones

I love the sky I Florida. You can see the rain coming for hours before it gets here and you can see when the end is near.

Oh, and if you think girls are all "sugar and spice and everything nice" you've never raised one. I'm grateful I know the truth.

On the way I learned my Grandpa may have had a heart attack and was in the hospital. I spoke to my mom when I got home and found out he's in ICU but stable and looks like he'll be sprung in a few days. I am grateful he's doing so well, and I'm even more grateful I'm headed to see him in just over a week. It's time I introduce the Pixie to her roots. RI, swamp Yankees, where her red hair really comes from, Dell's lemonade, clam cakes, littlenecks, bathing in the pond, berry picking on Plain Meeting House Rd., Hot summer nights with no A/C, what REAL country looks like, night sound and so much more. She will learn where crazy comes from and how she managed to have it on both sides of her family tree. Taking the Pixie to RI before it's too late is something I will be grateful for the rest of my life.

I'm grateful for a day with two halves and the non-chemical mood stabilizers found on the journey from one half to the other. As the rain falls on the roof I can fall asleep knowing tomorrow there will be sun, young cousins to enjoy, Pixie filled offices and Mondays to explore. Believe it or not, I'm ready for the week ahead. For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment