Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 222 - On the Road Again

Another 6 hours in the car. The kids slept through Delaware but got to see Elizabeth NJ's refineries and smell it's noxiousness first hand. They got to see the Manhattan Skyline, see signs for Harlem, experience toll lines, drive over the George Washington Bridge and hear all about how THIS bridge is THE bridge that gave me a life long fear of bridges.

The good news is that we made it through the drive in record time. 6 hours on the nose. It's THE shortest drive ever in the 35 years we've been making this drive. I'd say that was my God wink for the week. I guess I'm in the right place at the right time. I just hope I end up doing the right things.

Today I'm grateful for cold well water, a break in the heat, a fan outside our door, and NO spooning from my mother. *eyes the mother* Seriously Mom, NO spooning this time! I'm grateful for RI, Dell's & childhood memories shared with my girls. I'm grateful for 2 amazingly good girls who made NO fuss over being stuffed in another car for another 6 hours. I'm grateful for road trip excitement that has yet to fade. I'm grateful for a good dog. I'm grateful for God winks in plain view of my mother. I'm grateful for my mother's softening heart.



















Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment