Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 223 - A Day at the Fair

Today I went to my very first state fair. I'm surprised by the fact that I made it to 47 having never experienced the  joys of Ferris wheels, funnel cakes, clam cakes, every type of farm critter and excrement imaginable, the Carney games and more. Throw in 37 & 1/2 cousins, the PERFECT fair weather and two city girls at their first country fair excitement and you have a recipe for an amazing day.

When I started my day in my cousin Paula's amazing garden, I knew it was going to be a good day.

Today I'm grateful my first instinct was right. I'm grateful for cousin hugs, dirty sticky fingers, smiling faces, dinner with great grandparents, a ride down memory lane (Greenville Lane to be exact) to the home of my mothers youth. I saw the hill she walk UP both ways in the snow barefoot to school. Guess what? It really was quite a large hill. Though as I expected, it was only uphill one way. I am grateful for an Uncle reading me his beautiful poem and him telling me my book was like poetry and he enjoyed it. I got all weepy but in the best sort of way. Today I'm grateful for furthering my journey into Genesis. Chapters 28-31 were interesting to say the least. I am grateful for dinner with Great Grandparents even if the food was nothing to IM home about. I'm grateful for Aunty's new van. It is the coolest mom-van I've ever seen. Today I'm grateful for ending the day with poetry, light painting and a sky full of stars.

Share/Bookmark













































No comments:

Post a Comment