Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 207 - A Better Week Ahead

“Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish.”
~Chuck Palahniuk~


Share/Bookmark

It's funny how your perspective changes. Were I to have a Monday identical to today as little as 3 weeks ago I would have told you it was the WORST Monday in recorded history. However, from this side of the 2 weeks of hell, this Monday is all bright and shiny with a new car smell.

The office is in chaos but it's now organized chaos. THE BIGGEST thing to improve the day's outlook is boss 1 and boss 2 are both back! *booty dances* Oh yeah, and the REAL IT guy is here upgrading our server, cleaning & adding all the computers, and fixing all the "little" things that kept happening. We also have a clear delineation of responsibilities now. I LOVE being able to say "Oh, that's Julies expertise. Go see Julie. She will help you. She's brilliant!"

Chaos still abounds but now, at least along the edges, you can see firm smooth lines. Given enough time, we will once again be a cohesive unit, running smooth and instead of having one overworked superhero, the freaks of Jacksonville Proper will have an Elite Team of Superheros at their service.

It's a great day at Heth Realty!

Today I'm grateful for:

chaos. It's changed my prosepctive for the better. It's made me more patient, more grateful, and the fact that I'm still sane and imployed is a bonus.

Boss 1. I used to respect her. Now I adore her. Absense makes the heart grow fonder indeed. I'm nailing her feet to the floor. She is NEVER allowed to leave me us again.

empathy.

God. Without him this last week I WOULD be insane and unemployeed. Oh, and possibly in jail.

brave Pixies. I stopped this morning on the Collins St. overpass to take photos of the tree farm and I95 below. It was kinda scary but the Pixie was brave and I got a couple good shots of her. My kid rocks.

a better day. Today is over and I'm home sitting on my couch. I can honestly say "Today was the best day of the last 16 weekdays"


No comments:

Post a Comment