Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 192 - Weekend of Extreme

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me"
~C.S. Lewis~

(quote stolen from a fellow blogger. It doesn't really go with my post for today. I just liked it.)


Share/Bookmark

This weekend has been full of extremes. I had a great time with my cousins yet I had to work A LOT. My cousins are thoughtful earthy people, several of the "emergency" calls I dealt with were angry entitled people. It was full of moments of utter relaxation soaking in an amazing tub and moment of fear when the smoke alarms kept going off. At the end of the day, it was a great weekend.

My cousins Tara and Jim are amazingly good people. Just yesterday I had a major screaming fit in my car after one particularly entitled person got angry because she locked herself out of her apartment and felt we should deliver her keys to her. This was her 2nd time doing this. She got angry when I told her this was not a service we provided but we did it as a courtesy the first time. Upon my hanging up from this conversation (we ended up delivering her keys because boss 1 is a much nicer person than I) I had what can only be described as a conniption fit. Tara, sitting next to me in my mustang, was in the direct line of fire. Tara did what Tara does. She dealt with me with grace and calm, accepted my apology and never made mention of it again.

I left the Pixie behind. She is with her cousins for the week. When I spoke to Jim after arriving back home he made mention that "should she wish to pull the rip cord" he'd be glad to bring her home. I assured him that she has never suffered from separation anxiety. Wish I could say the same for myself. Just going to the grocery store I missed her. I felt the absence of the bright and open presence that has been at my side virtually every day since her birth. The man feels her absence too. His simple "I miss June" nearly made me cry. *sighs*

BUT...

I had a great distraction. I managed not to spend the day wallowing in self pity, but reading user manuals for the way cool camera my cousins loaned me. Seems a fair trade, a Pixie for a way cool camera. I've been playing with it for days. The above photo is something I could never do with Brutus. I've pulled it apart and cleaned every inch of it, I've read most of the manual, I played with the flash, the filters, the manual for the speedflash. It's awesome! I believe I will have separation anxiety when I have to return it.

Anyway, the On Call phone has been eerily silent and a camera calls me to play so I leave you to enjoy your Awesome Sunday.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:


extremes. They make me appreciate the calm.

Prayer. I pray outside the box. Would you expect less of me?

cousins. They run the best hotel in the state.

dog cousins. Roy LOVES his cousins P.D. and Odie. He played so hard that he has slept ALL day. Now that's tired right there, I don't care who you are.

loaner cameras. This thing is awesome and it teaching me LOTS. Check out the cool stuff I got with it! Here and Here.

new photos to play with.



No comments:

Post a Comment