Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 181 - Painting the Beach

A glimmer of light cannot truly be seen without much that is dark, and darkness cannot truly be felt without shadowy forms rising from the blackness.
~Anonymous~


Share/Bookmark

Last evening my cousin and his family arrived. With their arrival my vacation was kicked up a notch. This is my first time meeting his daughter and let me tell you, she's a kindred spirit. She may be only 13 but she is an old soul. The more her father tells me about her and the more I listen to her jokes, her spot on accents, and feel her energy the more I can't wait to get to know her better. Yeah, my cousin and his wife are OK, but this child rocks.

We ended the evening with some light painting on the beach. Where my cousin let me play with is T1i *drools*. Wanna see?

Well, that's it for today. My cousins are waking up and I wanna go play.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:


Cousins. I can't express how much joy having them back in my life brings me.

vacations. My return to paradise has been epic lime green goodness.

spork jewelry. Tara can pull it off but It's not for everyone.

sunning puppies. Laying sprawled out on the front porch he doubles in size. It's quite astounding.

my man. He alone is responsible for the lime green happy bubble. He is the founder of our feast. The referee of our joy. And the man of my dreams long before we stepped foot in Siesta Key.

other mothers. At 71 years old she has kept up with us young folk. Just today I got her to fist bump me. THAT was a highlight of my morning.

plotting next years Paradise the Sequel.

shoe piles. The pile of shoes by the front door is growing daily. I'm OK with that. 

cool beach breezed and front porches with Internet access. Typing up my list has never been so nice. 

morning prayers. 

Jimmy Buffet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhNKK7rkhw

No comments:

Post a Comment