Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 182 - What's missing from this Picture?

"I'm so sorry."
~Jim Connor~


Share/Bookmark

Wait, somethings amiss, missing from the promised "Family Fun" package. It took 5 day's for me to figure it out but my moment of clarity came when I put myself to bed early last night and as I hugged and kissed my cousin goodnight he looked at me with such sincerity and said "I'm sorry".

I did the only thing I could do. I hugged his neck and tried to tell him with equal sincerity "Don't be. Thank you for bringing your family." and I went to bed. I was completely and utterly exhausted. I've spent the last 5 days obsessively cleaning, doing laundry, watching the kids, grocery shopping, walking the dogs, and a thousand other little chores I think need done. Crap I would not think twice about ignoring were I home. I've been so obsessed with making this family vacation "The BEST ever" that I've managed to micro-manage it into being the worst (loose the dramatics's Beth) not as good as it could be.

So, for the remaining 48 hours I'm going to avoid anything that even remotely appears to be work. The laundry fairy has left the lime green happy bubble on the white sand. I'm off to ride a bike on the beach with a puppy in my basket.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

cousins who let me play with their epic cameras.

not crying when I realized that I tool 1000 photos on the cool camera but forgot to put an SD memory card in it.

having another chance with the camera.

ignoring the mess and seeing the opportunities.

cousins. They rented bikes!

forgiveness. The family forgave me and even did the dishes this morning. My family rocks da lime green condo on the white sand.

the beach in the morning and the pool in the evening.

2nd cousins. They seem to be getting along. 3 is usually a bad number and begs for trouble.

grown up time.

jumping into the pool with all your clothes on. Sometimes you just gotta. It's even better when your sober.

bike rides on the beach. Roy in his basket and me in a hat that said "Skip and go naked". It was an awesome ride.

SKOB tonight. Boooyah!

still having a day and a half left in the lime green happy bubble on the white sand.

more Buffet. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment