Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 170 - God Texts

"Relax and enjoy the journey. Stop looking for perfection"
~God~


Taken by the Pixie.
One of my favorites of hers 
Share/Bookmark

Did God send me a text this morning? I don't know. God is God and I'm sure he has no problem hacking the T-Mobile network and his cell phone must be epic w/ the most radical assortment of aps imaginable.

About 5 or 6 years ago I got my first cell and noticed that MSN offered to text me free horoscopes daily. Since then I've lost the link and the password and I've been unable to discontinue the service. Occasionally they are very interesting. They are never prophetic, but sometimes they are so in tune with my life I swear they must be Texts from God. Do I really believe that? *shrugs* That's for me to know and you to find out.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

texts from God. I'm choosing to believe that in this day of modern technology, God has his own uses for it. Occasionally that means him pulling out his epic cell and thumb texting me a little note. The visual gives me the giggles and the notes give me peace. Is that so wrong?

the boss being late to work. Means I have time to goof off. Hey, if I MUST work Saturday.....

love burgers and divinity. This years father's day menu is REALLY going to challenge me. This should be very interesting.

Pastor Hal's time and advice. Thank you sir, I will take it and run with it.

PAYDAY! It was supposed to be yesterday but the boss ran out of time. Whatever, I'm just glad it's today. $.14 is a very unattractive balance.

cousins. The Pixie's BFF & Cousin Katelyn is with us today. She will also be going to paradise with us. These girls love each other fiercely, they rarely argue, they like each other by choice and not just genetics and are the epitome of BFF's. I'm glad the man and I could give her the life that afforded her a luxury he and I didn't have. (oh my goodness is that a bad sentennce! Structure much Beth?) It's fun just to sit and watch them sometimes. If you can keep from OD'ing on girly. Oh, and I pick up on all the latest vernacular. "That's so Beast dude" (when I asked "you guys use Dude?" I got an eye roll, a sigh, and "Dude is timeless" as a reply. "Guess this means I'm cool right?" she giggles and says "Um, yeah, sure" "Whatever dude. That's my Styx tee Katelyn is wearing so how uncool can I be?)

one day closer to paradise. We are so close I'm ready to start packing. Swimsuit? Check. Sunscreen? Check. DONE! Are we there yet?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhYdVj7A_FU
I'd much prefer a text than a subtle hint like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment