Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 159 - Mercy Me

"Woo mercy, mercy me, mercy father Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Oil wasted on the ocean and upon our seas, fish full of mercury"
~Marvin Gay ~

Turtle Beach, Seiesta Key Florida 2009
It's a protected nesting ground for the endangered sea turtle
Wonder what it's going to look like this year

Share/Bookmark

I've been told by our agent (fabulous lady by the way) that our vacation is not in danger from the oil "this year". That it's rate of movement, loop tides, weather, and whatnot will keep it off the beaches of Siesta Key. This makes me happy and this makes me sad.

Eventually, that oil will come on shore and everything I know and remember about this beach will be destroyed. Best case scenario is that it will be irrevocably changed. "I" can find a new place to vacation but there is only ONE Turtle Beach, only ONE Siesta Key, and 1,680 miles of beaches make up the Gulf Coast. Over a million people make their homes/livelihood here.

BP, what have you done?

Today I'm Grateful for:

mercy. We are going to need a lot of God's grace and mercy to help us clean this mess up. Look at the beautiful Earth he gave us and look what we've done to it.

brain itches. 66 books in the Bible. This is going to be a life long project. I'm so not ready.

God whispers. "Just do it"

a good morning. I left it all on the treadmill and Roy left it all in the back yard. Atta'Boy Roy!

having no clue what my next step will be. I see where I want to go, I've strapped on my rollerscate and I wait for instructions. Having no clue what's about to happen keeps things interesting.

emails from cousins and Good Morning's from my mommy. They just make me happy.

writing assignments. Today's prompts are:

1) Soundtrack of my life - boy did she have good timing or what???
2) Before I was a mom - Dude, I was a mom at 18. Before that I was a kid.
3) What would it take? Write an imaginary scene where someone you are still angry with finally deserves to be forgiven. - They were forgiven the day I realized it was MY issue and not theirs. There is no one left in this world left to forgive. Except Me.
4) 30 things you vow to do this summer - That sounds epic
5) The ultimate honey-do list. If your spouse agreed to do any ten things you asked, what would they be? - Dude...

I may just do them all! Thanks Momma Kat!

having the office to myself today and remembering to bring my book. I am a naughty superhero. *hangs head and pretends to look ashamed*

Marvin Gay. I love his music and his lyrics. They are as meaningful today as they were more than 40 years ago. "Mercy Me" "What's going on?" "You're all I need to get by" "That's the way love is" If you don't love Marvin, you have no soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment