Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 156 - I'm Bored

“The two foes of human happiness are pain and boredom”
~Arthur Schopenhauer~

Share/Bookmark

"I'm Bored, I'm bored, I'm bored" Sung in a kinda sing-songy voice while danced in a kinda flip-flopy way. Wish I could blame it on the kid. She's not the one singing and dancing. Um, that would be me.

Let me say here that I have A LOT to do. I simply don't want to do it. I'm in one of those "I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored" kinda moods. I have a list to post, laundry to do, grocery shopping to do, a bathroom to clean, and 1,400 sf of flooring to sweep, mop and vacuum but here I am, dancing around my living room singing "I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored".

SOMETHING has got to get me up at att'em, Seriously. I have to be at church with the other mother at 5PM tonight and all I've managed to get done is my grocery list and my morning prayers. *sighs* Sometimes being cursed with the "Peter Pan" syndrome really sucks. SOMEONE needs to be the adult up in this place.

*wiggles toes, pokes the hamster, tweeks the Pixie and sings* "I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored"

Today I'm grateful for:

boredom. If I have the ability to be bored, I am spoiled.

coffee. I've had 3 cups so far. I may be bored but at least I'm not sleepy.

lists. I have a list of things to do today. At least I know what to avoid.

one less day till our return to paradise.

Monday Minute 5 questions. It opened a dialog between the Pixie and I. That was a wonderful gift and when she answered the bonus question my heart sang. Thank you Ian. I owe you one.

checking things off one list while working on another. I present my "things to do list" for today.

clean my nasty bathroom
sweep ALL floors
eradicate the dust bunny colony under the two couches
mop ALL floors
clean the fish tank and pray the clean water does not kill the fish
find the source of that smell and choke it with Fabreze
give a hamster a bath
do laundry
go grocery shopping
pick up new fish, tank filters and spiffy magnetic tank cleaner I  saw at Jimmy's house
do dishes
shower and make Pixie shower for church
meet other mother at Church at 4:45P
call a man about a birthday/father's day gift

PS: I'm still bored though I now lack the energy to sing and dance about it

church with the other mother tonight.

clean hamsters. Even if they are now a wet pile of fluff nesting on my couch.

my church. Because of them I feel safe and confident enough to go to church with my other mother. In the past I'd have been to fearful of my own behavior. *Whispers* thank you Pastor Ken

lunch. All that dust bunny carnage made me hungry. Mmmmm peanut butter on wheat bread w/ a small side order of chips. OK, large...

a loopy Pixie. It made a sick Pixie happy. When I moved the couch (with her in it) to raid the dust bunny compound, she went "Weeeeeeee" so I know she is loopy on Sudafed. Remembering how fun that was, I pushed her around the living room. she now thinks I rock.

being less bored. Odd that a day of being productive and playing with a loopy Pixie can cure boredom eh? 

dust bunny carnage. I did it. I killed them. With malice and for site. Gleefully. And you know what? I'm not sorry either.


No comments:

Post a Comment