Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 142 - Saturday In the Park

Saturday in the park
I think it was the Fourth of July
People dancing, people laughing
A man selling ice cream
Singing Italian songs
Eicay vare, eise narde
Can you dig it (yes, I can)
And I've been waiting such a long time
For Saturday
~Chicago~
 
 
 
Last year about this time we made it a habit to go to the park on Saturday afternoons for a few hours. We packed a picnic lunch, roamed the park, the shutterbug chasing a Pixie chasing a butterfly, and had high quality family time. I believe we stopped doing so in mid August when it just got to hot an miserable. I was sad to see it come to an end but life moved on and the anticipation of doing it again come spring was sweet.

Spring has come and nearly gone and we have yet to make our first trek to a park. The heat of summer is right around the corner and yet we just can't seem to make it there. Laundry, grocery shopping, lists and such seem to stand as a wall between my little family and great park adventures. How did I do it last year? How did I manage the time? I'm at a loss.

I woke this morning with "Just do it" in my years and "Quit being a pansy". So, if you will excuse me, I have a Pixie to chase.

Later Yo ~
Share/Bookmark

Today I'm grateful for:

Saturday's in the park.


peanut butter sandwiches & fresh orange slices.


chasing a Pixies and new friends.


feeding the shutterbug.


dinner plans with my wild things


returning to where I was bitten


Sunshine through the trees


God winks


Saturday morning work outs. OK, this one I have to work at...


jumping on unsuspecting, sleepy pixies. Yes, I am that evil


the color of pistachio pudding. It is the perfect green


puppies in the park


playing dress-up in public and tween girls unafraid to look silly


swing sets


laughter in the grass


the adventure to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment