Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 139 - Watch what you say

“Sticks and stones may break your bones when there's anger to impart. Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart."
~unknown~


Share/Bookmark

Today I'm grateful for:


two memories. The first one was when I was about 13 and I pissed off my Dad. He said "YOU WERE AN ACCIDENT!" and the other was when I was 14 and my mother said "Please stop singing out loud. You're embarrassing me". I don't bring these up to hurt or shame my parents. No matter how good a parent you are, everyone has these "epic fail" parental moments. I bring these memories up as a reminder to myself. Over all the hugs and "I love you"'s my children will remember, they will never erase the "YOU WERE AN ACCIDENT"'s. Sticks and stones may break my bones but those will heal nicely. Words will mar and wound my soul and scar forever. Think twice, speak once.

the book of James. It's 5 small chapters have condemned me. I have LOTS of work to do.

coffee. Lot's and Lots of Coffee.

pretty houses. I love one, I love another. I'm working hard to leave it to God. It's not going so well.

keeping promises. Sometimes it sucks but oh well, there you have it.

not letting the gnats win.

distractions.

a good humored boss. She loves me. Thank God.

simple prayers. "Thy will be done Lord. Amen"

straight answers. (this is one of those "I'll be grateful for now, what I hope to get later" gratitudes. Cuz if I don't get some soon... *turns an interesting shade of red*)

customer service HUMANS.

mortgage calculators. Because HUMANS want to give you THEIR quote without listening to what I want. Mortgage calculators don't talk back. 

working out. On days like these it saves a life. 

a housebroken hamster. Well, mainly. It's been over a week with no accidents. Att'a Boy Roy!

My list. It forces me to look at the good and when I say "There is no good in today!" it prooves me a liar. I'm just pissy cuz I'm hungry.

PAYDAY! I got paid yesterday. Getting paid rocks.

1 comment:

  1. I can't count the days that "Coffee" tops my list. I say it with such force, as though without it I would die. I feel you girl! Keep truckin'! Just remember, This too shall pass :)

    ReplyDelete