Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 124 - Perseverance

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
~Nelson Mandela~

Today I'm grateful for:

the quote of the day. Today is Mussette's birthday and after we sang her a loud and obnoxious rendition of Happy Birthday she said "I was 68 for a couple of hours this morning but I didn't like it much. Now I'm 66."

a REALLY good laugh. I'm sitting at my desk working away (am too!) and I hear Mussette calling "I started a fire!" I run to the kitchen and she is blowing on a peice of toast that caught fire in the toaster. I calmly said "That's not a suitable birthday candle." and walked the toaster outside and hosed it down. "Hey Mussette! Guess what you're getting for your birthday? A TOASTER!". What? I found it funny! I laughed till I cried. Mussette however, was unamused.

chocolate ice cream birthday cake *makes an icky face* gross! I'm grateful because I won't be tempted to eat it.

Preseverance. I don't have much but I have more than I had and I'm striving to grow more.

a NICE workout. If your walkin funny, you had a good workout. I perservered for 40 minutes.

a new Bible Study. For the next 5 weeks we study James. Currently James is speaking to me about perserverance and finding joy in my trials. I'm working on the former but joy? In trials? I get the concept but I just don't see how it can work in application. Unless the "fake it till you make it" tact counts. If that's the case, then I got this.

surprise comments from my Aunty Ann. I nearly peed my pants. Thank you Aunty!

no piles IN Wilson though we did have poo flinging this morning. At least there was no smears or seepage today. *sighs* Really Roy?

Tara's link. She sent me THIS. THIS is awesomeness is cute strappy form. I CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET A NEW CAMERA! I had so much fun playing with her DSLR I've been dreaming about it ever since. I must perservere another year or so before I get mine. *sighs* I can do this...

remembering Daddy. I have very few memories but with his birthday and anniversery of his passing, the few I have are dancing in my heart. I know the family is all rememering and all hurting. I hope I can comfort them in some small way. *sends out I love you's and good mojo to all*


Brotherly Love
Share/Bookmark


It's first of the month madness, my desk looks like my copy machine threw up on it and if ONE more freak walks up to my glass cage and taps on the glass with their panties in a twist......

*sighs*

 I will smile sweetly and say "How may I help you today?"

I will perservere. James said I have too....with Joy... I make no promises about the joy part.

*twitch*

No comments:

Post a Comment