Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 99 - Photography 101

“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
~Aaron Siskind~


Today I'm grateful for:

going for it. I am going to take a basic photography course online. I am worth the cost. There is something lacking in my photographs that I can't put my finger on. I want to learn more. Now I just need to find a reputable online school.

a St. Augustine crawl. FINALY the BFF and I get to go feed our shutterbugs. No kids, no men, just us and our cameras. The St. Augustine Lighthouse, The Cross, St. George St., The bridge of Lions and PIZZA! THE best pizza south of NYC. Dude, Saturday's going to be epic.

being a freak for God.

remembering the Connor Insanity Gene. I am not alone. Thanks Cuz! Love you! Muwwwah!

feeling grounded and connected.

the fact that "I got this"

being woken up. Seriously dude, you started it.

IT'S FRIDAY!

being nowhere near home when the man does the taxes. It's gonna get ugly up in here.

my mom's emails this morning. The first one made me feel special, the second one made me snort my coffee.

time with the BFF. I've missed her. Even if she calls me Mom.

My BFF on one of our City Crawls. Hot ain't she?

Share/Bookmark


I've made up my mind. I'm putting off spending money on a new camera. I will instead invest in myself and pray Brutus hangs in there another few years. I'm taking some photography courses. Nothing major and I'm not looking to get a degree. I just want to be able to know what I'm looking at when I see "that" look in a photo. I want THIS look to my photographs. It seems to be a combination of crisp focus and softness. Oh, and the tone to the photograph, you know, that softening yellow/orange glow. I want to know how to do that. I want to handle a camera and feel like a qualified armature photographer. Not a click and get lucky wanna-be.

So, I'm gonna do it. I'll start with a Photography 101 class and see if I know as much about this as I think I do. What have I got to lose but a couple hundred bucks. Like the Loreal commercial says "I'm worth it"

No comments:

Post a Comment