Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 95 - Another Day in Paradise

“A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.”
~Richard Bach~

Today I'm grateful for:

the above quote. It's sappy and a bit over the top but it's also right. Since I've dropped my defenses and lowered my walls, I no longer care about everything being equal or perfect or even fair, I just care about him being there.

my slice of paradise, the wild things and my favorite human. These are the main ingredients of my blessed life.

God. He made me this way. Blame him.

Mondays. Can you fathom, even for an instant, how incredible it is to not hate Mondays?

my superhero gig. What can I say, the freaks love me.

working out. When I work out I feel strong and it connects me to my inner Ms. Smooviesmove

channeling Ms. Smooviesmoove. Will her moves be magic?

no piles on Wilson.

another day in paradise.

Have you ever smelled fresh Orange Blossom?
That's what I believe heaven smells like all the time.
 
Share/Bookmark  


Here in my modest little life I've found the secret to happiness, joy and contentment. It's to always remember that my worst day is always better than someone’s best, to be grateful without qualification or quantification, to love without limits, to not sweat the small stuff, to embrace every single moment of my existence and to be prepared to leave it all behind when called home. Every moment of every day is a choice, even when I choose wrong I'm great because I own it.

My little list is not to tell you how to live, or even to tell you how I live. If you find something that you can connect with I'm blessed, but really it’s not about me. I'm not here to tell you my way is the only way, the best way or the right way. It's up to you and your own higher power to decide your path to paradise. This is mine.


1 comment:

  1. Your photo of the oranges made me crave that scent. Mmmm...
    I agree. Living a life of gratitude isn't about telling people what to do, but it's about talking about what works for you. People have obviously caught the gratitude bug. :)

    ReplyDelete