Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 108 - Flower Power

“The men of experiment are like the ant; they only collect and use. But the bee . . . gathers its materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own.”
~Leonardo da Vinci ~

Today I'm grateful.

Today I'm grateful for the power in a flower. My favorite human bought me 2 flaming red impatients, 3 beautiful clay pots, 3 bags of soil and the best anniversary card yet. Planting, reading, singing and loving has washed away the last 4 days. I am ready to face tomorrow.

Today I am grateful Kelly is outside her own grasp. She is being watched by someone less passionate than me. It hurts my heart to know it, but my brain tells me it's a good thing.

Today I'm grateful for Lisa's resilience. I'm afraid if they both went rogue on me at the same time, I'd go MIA.

Today I’m grateful for playful puppies on clean carpets.

Today I am grateful Kent still loves her. If I can't find her a bed, I may need him.

Today I am grateful for the 4th grade freaks and weirdoes. I'm afraid I failed to lead them to a relationship with Christ but we had fun playing as friends. I'm afraid Savannah has stolen my heart. If I'm lucky, she wont give it back. I can't wait to do it again. Do I REALLY have to wait 2 weeks? *sulks*

Today I am grateful for tires with no holes. I got to ride Roxie and it was epic. 3 days of crazed eating and NO working out makes for a very wacked out Superhero.

Today I am grateful for fresh Pixie art.

Today I'm grateful for flowery faces smiling up at the shutterbug.

Today I am grateful "Happy Anniversary" texts from the boss. I'm a very lucky superhero.

Today I am grateful for the sound of laughter coming from my kitchen. The Pixie is beating her Daddy and her Uncle in cards. The men are losing with humor and grace and the Pixie is being a brutal winner.



Share/Bookmark



Today has been a good day. I've told you Sunday's are my favorite day of the week; haven’t I? I've been refreshed and restored. I am ready to face what I have to do tomorrow. It's going to hurt but it must be done. I'm ready to face it. WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment