Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 106 - I'm gonna make my world a better place

“Our inner strengths, experiences, and truths cannot be lost, destroyed, or taken away. Every person has an inborn worth and can contribute to the human community. We all can treat one another with dignity and respect, provide opportunities to grow toward our fullest lives and help one another discover and develop our unique gifts. We each deserve this and we all can extend it to others.”
~unknown~

Today I'm Grateful.

Today I'm grateful for the ability to make my world a better place. I will stop wallowing inward and start looking outward.

I am grateful for the absolute faith that Pastor Ken will beat my husband in a round of golf. He will marry my Garden Pixie to her Prince Charming. (SOMEDAY) I know this as surely as I know my name.

I am grateful for the Church prayer list. I type my prayer into a little box then hit send and it flies out into the universe where angels hold them tight to their hearts. Yesterday, this saved me.

I am grateful for sister kittens that hold me up, asspucker me, tell me like it is and threaten me with wood chippers.

I am grateful that Kelly made her choice.

I am grateful Jackson saved his Mommy's life.

I am grateful for Pixie cuddles that helped me hang on

I am grateful for the man who said "I will NEVER ask for good news again"

I am grateful for a solo and peaceful ride. Short as it was.

I am grateful for the knowledge that I am being neither tested nor punished but being blessed.

I am grateful I am still clean and sober.

I am grateful for 23 years with my favorite human. Have I mentioned how good he looks in chocolate brown?

I am grateful for God's whispers "You got this"

I am grateful for carpets that no longer resemble puppy peepee pads.

I am grateful that I have a BFF willing to indulge my paranoia.

I am grateful that I no longer sweat the small stuff. After Collect calls from jail and cancer scares, poo flinging just don't look so bad.

I am grateful for emails from Georgia. They just make me happy.

I am grateful for phone calls to Grandpa's out of the blue. I am so happy for Billy I could just cry.

I am grateful I know what I'm facing and thanks to the last 3 years, I'm prepared to face it.


Momma's Angels on a blessed day
Share/Bookmark  
Yesterday was a bad day. Kelly is in serious trouble with a serious monkey on her back and Lisa has cancer. Both phone calls came yesterday. They knocked the air out of me but they have not taken me down. I know that both of these issues are a blessing. Kelly will get clean and Lisa will never again be lazy about her yearly exams. My mother didn't have a stroke, my husband didn't say "I'm sorry I helped her" and I didn't fall off the wagon.

I am blessed by the gift of 3 beautiful daughters. It's time for me to stop looking inward and start looking outward. I'm going to repay the universe for its blessings and gifts and I'm going to make my world a better place. I'm going to start in my own heart. "I" am grateful, happy and blessed and I WILL stay connected to God. From my joyful heart I can make my world a better place. One breath, one smile, one list at a time. I got this.

2 comments:

  1. I love the premise of your blog. I am terribly ungrateful and you give me much to think of.

    God's whispers of "you got this". sublime.

    btw...love love love the Albert Schweitzer quote on your header. Would it be okay with you if I added it to my sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert and I would be honored :)

    ReplyDelete