Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 105 - I got this? Um, Yeah, Not so Much

I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound -- if I can remember any of the damn things.
~Dorothy Parker~

Today I'm Grateful

for Pastor Ken's continued improvement. I am privileged to watch a miracle play out before my eyes.

for amazingly good oranges. Seriously, this is the perfect orange.

for knowing "I don't have this" but knowing that I will get it back.

that I didn't have an epic meltdown last night. I was primed and ready for one and I did pull the wings off a Garden Pixie, but I managed to avoid smooching a hamster.

that I stuck it out and at least did SOME. The damn wind was in my face HARD again last night. I was in an all around crappy mood and was ready to turn around and go home before I made the first turn. I guess I didn't kill the lizard brain but merely stunned it into momentary silence. BUT I stuck it out and at least gave the hamster a decent run. Only about 4 miles but when you're talking about little hamster legs, 4 miles is plenty. Even if he thinks he's a greyhound. I so don't got this, but I'm working on getting it back.

going back to baby steps. When you had it, then you lost it, baby steps will bring you back to it. At least it's not backwards steps.

that June's bag of Jelly Beans is almost gone. Seriously, those things are evil and in cahoots with the lizard brain & Rex the Fluff demon. I am GOING to lose some weight! *stomps foot*

for 8 extra minutes of sleep in my fluffy nest. I love the snooze button with a passion usually reserved for Chocolate and new purses.

that it's PAYDAY!

for being in the black on payday. When you get paid once a month, even $4.95 is epic.

for 23 years this Sunday. I was 23 when I married him and the realization that I've doubled my age since we married has rocked my world. That's epic right there, I don't care who you are.

for spring days & soft cool sunshine. Soon enough it will go back to feeling like Florida. My thighs will stick to the leather of the Mustang, the heat and humidity will suck the wind out of me when I ride, the oppressive heat of August will make us forget how bad this winter was and make us wish for winter again. With or without the winds, I'm grateful for the now. I'm in no hurry for Summer.

for some quiet time at work. It's rare, but when I get it, I get it.

for orange peels. They make funny teeth that produce silly giggles when worn unexpectedly by an old woman. Hey, I never claimed to be mature, just old.

Just because it makes me smile
and show my orange teeth
Share/Bookmark


The seal broke on my happy bubble sometime during my commute home from work. Guess the endorphin high wore off. I was in a pissy, grumpy mood most of the evening and during this time I realized the lizard brain was stunned but not dead. *sighs* One day I WILL kill that thing but for now, I'll just work on making a better muzzle.


I’m better this morning thanks to a good work-out, no piles on Wilson, an epic orange and some silly teeth. I don't got this but I'm getting it back. This is my anniversary weekend and I've been married 1/2 my life THAT is a huge accomplishment that the man and I can take pride in. We will celebrate by taking the Pixie to a fancy Japanese restaurant and to see "How to train a dragon" Psssst "I" want to see this movie. I just talked the man into letting the Pixie come as a cover.


This movie is going to be AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! Congrats on your anniversary! You are going to *love* that movie. I was on the verge of tears almost the whole movie. That's not all: So was my boyfriend. I can't wait to see what you get out of it :)

    ReplyDelete