Today I'm grateful for:
my late night realization that the 12 steps is not just a good way for alcoholics to live, but everyone. It's simply a kinder gentler way of living. Given the current toxic atmosphere of our country, I think these 12 steps should be mandatory for every politician.
#5. It's exactly what God has been urging me to do for months now. It's what all of my ambiguous post about out running God, about avoiding, about following and about obedience. #5 is what made me delay my baptism (more than even the fear of 12yo's). I have not yet completed #5 but I'm grateful it's there. It reminds me God is watching. I have however, corrected at least ONE bad impression I gave Boss 1 yesterday. I told her I had a bad attitude and it was not the little Momma's fault.
my morning meltdown. It forced me to change my perspective. God is not punishing me for doing what is right, he is showing me he is listing to my prayers. I pray for him to change me into the servant he wants me to be. It's kinda hard for me to be a servant with a bad attitude. I pray for humility. What's more humbling than having to scrape dog poop off a moving treadmill? (yes, again, thanks to the hamster eating demon Yorkie who lives next door) I pray for grace. Having to totally trash my loved morning routine in order to fulfill a promise is grace, for choosing my morning prayers over a condensed work-out is grace. I prayed for patience. God's not finished teaching me that one yet *twitch*
the promise of a picnic in the park with my favorite human, a garden pixie and a shutterbug.
missing my morning work-out. I'm not happy I missed it, but I miss it! Me? Missing my morning work-out? *looks at the fluffy broad in the mirror and asks* Who are you and where is Beth?
pretty trees to hug. Well, photograph anyway. I fed the blooming trees to the shutterbug. I can't wait to see how they turned out. Guess I'd better carve out some time for photo editing this weekend.
Reed freaks. That is, freaks that are Reeds. They are a special brand of human, all unto themselves. Like kinds of chocolate or colors of diamonds. Reeds would be something odd like Chocolate covered Bacon or Deep Orange Diamonds. When God was pondering "What kind of family would appreciate Beth's....Um...uniqueness?" He remembered this odd family of 8 out in Seattle Washington and said "Aha!" I am profoundly blessed to be one of the Reed Freaks.
a night out on the town with the BFF. We are going to talk trash, get wasted and end up on Youtube. I'll post a link as soon as it goes viral.
peanut butter on wheat bread and large amounts of water. I used to HATE peanut butter. I have no idea why my taste has changed but hey, it makes a great samich and I loves it. I used to hate bananas too. Now, heaven on earth is a peanut butter & banana samich on whole wheat. Go figure.
being an entity in flux. Change keeps life an adventure.
3 blu-ray movies waiting to be watched. The Other Bolin Girl, 2010, and Becoming Jane. Lots of couch surfing and epic hand holding with my favorite human. That the best part of watching movies.
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature
of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make
amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to