Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 80 - Sunday's rock

“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week”
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~

Today I'm grateful for:

Sundays. Just in case you didn't know, it is my favorite day of the week.

PRACTICE! The Pixie's practicing made today's drum lesson 1,000,000,000X better than last. It sucks she wont get another lesson for a month but hey, with a month of practice, the next lesson should be epic.

window markers. They are total coolness. They made the tinfoil mural POP and I now have some rad Pixie art on the front window of my house.

rain. It keeps the earth hydrated and brings the color back. Spring has most defiantly sprung. Next Saturday? Picnic in the park with Bruits!

Horton Hears a Who. Today in Sunday School we had to create a "Code of Conduct" Here 's Hortons. It rocks. Though I think UpStreet's 4th grade class did it better. (Pssst, "Well it's not a bunny with cookies" is the best quote of the movie. I have been known to use that one on the Pixie)

God's grace and wisdom. When Ms. Amy first cast her magic spell on me and I uttered those words "Sure, I'll lead the 4th grade class" I was like "Oh, My, Dog, what have I done?" but God knew what he was doing. In that class full of tweens I've found such joy. I'd say something like "Who knew?" but I know the answer. God knew. Oh, and Ms. Amy. She's kinda freaky in her ability to know stuff.

UpStreet's 4th Grade class. They are awesomeness in tween form dude. They told me more about Zacchaeus than I could ever tell them, they made the most spectacular tinfoil mural on the wall and they created a code of honor that make's Horton's look lame. Upon completion of their lessons, they loved on the hamster and took some totally radical photos. Because of their epic coolness, I dedicate my part of my list to them. Here are some of the photos. To see them all, click here.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments: