Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 65 - Chicken Noodle Soup

When an illness knocks you on your ass, you should stay down and relax for a while before trying to get back up. ~Candea Core-Starke~

Today I'm grateful for:

not being the sick one. My poor man is currently in sweats, his bathrobe and piled under 2 blankets topped by a hamster.

chicken soup. Mine is a mile better than his Mommas but only cuz it's here and not 5 miles away at her house.

being ahead of schedule. The bulk of my chores for today and tomorrow are done. There is ONE advantage to waking at 6 AM on a Saturday *yawns*

a dust free environment. You can no longer write your name in the dust on my furniture and my two bathrooms are still clean. Next week the floors!

being prepared for tween scrutiny. The Church At Argyle's 4th Grade class wont know what hit it. Bring it on kiddies! *pretends to be brave*

the prospect of a warm afternoon. I CAN'T WAIT to get on the big pink bike! Roy is pretty excited too. I can tell.

sparkly new running shoes. If you're going to learn to run, your equipment may as well sparkle.

Roy and Wilson's continuing friendship.

quiet. At least till the slumber party is over.

God. He's with me today. Even though I yelled at him over yellow jellybeans and power surges.

hamster hoodies. Yup, I did

Roy and I not being hurt worse.
Share/Bookmark


So, what do you do on the first warm Saturday in months and you happen to have a sick husband?

Well if you're me, you photograph him, your new running shoes, a hamster on a treadmill and other bits and bobs. You get productive and dust the furniture, caught up on the sermon I missed last Sunday while observing tweens in action, start the laundry, clean out the pantry, fridge & nasty cabinets. You take an hour long hot bath, you make a menu list for the week, you finish your Bible study, you pack your bag for your first Sunday School class, you decide on a tween appropriate outfit, you feed the fish, you do the grocery list, you shop for groceries, you pick up the movies your sick hubby wants, you hit the pet store for "training treats" and walk out with a hamster sweater, you intentionally stain a table cloth for your Sunday school lesson (covering stains....get it?) you make home made chicken noodle soup (in an attempt to out do his mother) and tarragon chicken salad for your sick hubbies dinner, you bake his favorite cookies and you SWEAR you will sleep till it's light out tomorrow.




This last minute entry comes on the heels of our ride with Roxie. 58 minutes of the ride were absolutely fabulous. Less than 1/4 mile from home the hamster decides it would be a good idea to run into the grass and sniff at some dog poop that was on the far side of a street sign. I however, was on the OTHER side and moving rapidly forward. By the time it dawned on me what was about to happen, it was too late. The leash went taught, I went flying backwards while looking into the rather concerned looking face of the Asian driver stopped at the stop sign I was wrapped around. With a sickening crunch, Roxie moved forward a bit than rolled to the right as I landed on the back tire and fender. As I hit the ground all I was thinking was "Where's Roy? Is he OK??" because from my position all I now see was sky and even that was a bit fuzzy. Just as I realized I was not dead and I could move, I also realized I had a hamster on my chest and his alien ninja tongue was up my nose.

We are both OK. My back is soar, my wrist is puffy and purple from the leash, Roy is completely unharmed (told you he was an alien) but poor Roxie is in bad shape. Her gears are jacked, her rear fender is dented, her side fender anchor is bent at an odd angle that is causing it to get stuck in the rear tire spokes and the chain is off. Pray for her my dear stalkers, for if he requires anything more than a minor repair, I'm afraid she will be left sitting in my dinning room unrepaired and my joy of riding will come to an abrupt end.


BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment