This Blog Has Moved

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 63 - Spring Forward

The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
~Erma Bombeck~

Today I'm grateful for:
the death of the stationary beast. It lead me to a happy place *sings "Ding Dong the Beast is dead" with gusto*
enjoying a work-out. It's kinda shocked me just how much I enjoyed that. Long live the Treadmill! Now, what would be a good name....
running for dummies. Apparently you need to do more than put on some flip-flops and head out the door. Who know?
ignoring the scale. The dirty bugger said I'm back up to my start weight. It lies I tell you! I'm very glad the work-out high distorted my hearing. The scale was speaking but all I heard is "blah, blah, blah"

my feet. They will take me all the way to who I want to be. As long as I can get a handle on my mouth *sighs*
asking for help really works. Seriously. When I got out of the shower and realized the dog had installed a new bald patch into my lovely lavender rug I screamed at the top of my lungs "HELP!" The hamster hid under the bed and I returned to the nice warm shower for a cool down. It worked. The hamster is still alive and I am guilt free.

a really good morning.

feeling better today than I did yesterday.
Whooohooo! The beast is dead! I finaly killed it. Well, to be honest, I don't know if it was me or old age but either way, it now weezez like an elderly asthmatic, it's bones crack so harshly I can feel it in the swing arms and all of that causes the tention to be as thick as a meateaters at a PETA convention. Oh, wait...where was it? Oh yes, the beast is dead!

Now, normaly something as monumentous as the death of the stationary bike would cause me to feel justified in not working out for 3 weeks. However, on the heels of my recent trip backwards, I felt it behooved me to think outside the box. So, I climbed on the man's new toy. (ok, that sounds wrong but it amuses me so it stays) I poked the buttons and decided on an incline of 8, a speed of 2.5 and my normal 20 minutes. I figured since the beast had swinging arms, it may be good for me to grab my two lbs weights and swing my arms as I walk. I pluged in my iPod, hit the start button and had one of the best work-outs I've ever had! It was freakin awesome! At the end of 20 minutes I felt like I had DONE something. I felt strong and acomplished and I felt like I could have gone longer. I was SOAKED with sweat and my legs were shakey (again it sounds wrong but it stays) and I've gotten bitten by a bug. I think I want start running. That high was freakin awesome dude. I want more of that drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment