Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 57 - Gratitude is the point

When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears”
~Anthony Robbins~

******
Today I'm grateful for:

the life changing power of gratitude. When I wander to far from gratitude I get lost. I'm on a journey and my gratitude is my map. Only God knows my destination.

my feet. One step at a time I get to where I'm going.

my broken compass. When I can't rely on my own sense of direction I must put my destination in someone else's hands. It's both humbling and exhilarating.

Anthony Robbins quotes. Searching for today's quote, I ran across Anthony Robbins. When I first heard his name I had no clue who he was. Then I did a quick Google search and realized he's that motivational speaker guy I normally roll my eyes at. After reading some of his quotes, I've decided to take a 2nd look at him. Currently I put him in the category of "used car salesman" we shall see if Google & Youtube can change my opinion of him. For now, I'll stick to admitting his quotes have stuck. Here are a few of his really good ones:

“If you can't, you must. If you must, you can.”

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.”

“Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards. When people ask me what really changed my life eight years ago, I tell them that absolutely the most important thing was changing what I demanded of myself. I wrote down all the things I would no longer accept in my life, all the things I would no longer tolerate, and all the things that I aspired to becoming.” (listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks. It's nice to be validated, even by a used car salesman)

my book. As frustrating as it has been, it's been fun, challenging and rewarding as well. Now it's out there in the universe to do what? *shrugs* Whatever. I'm done for sure this time. Typos be dammed. Now I just sit back and wait for Oprah to call and she WILL call don't'cha know.
I promise Lord, it's all yours now. No, really this time! *crosses heart*

my man. He is by far, my favorite human.

my mom. Her use of the word "spork" this morning made me grin. Thanks for the visual Mommy!

the queen, the redbird and the Pixie. We've all had a rough couple of months but I just want to remind them that no matter how grown they think they are, they will always be Momma's angels.

making it to work on time in spite of forgetting to turn on the alarm.

busy mornings. Can't believe it's nearly noon already.




cheating. Yes stalkers, I'm cheating again. These photos are reruns but hey, they are of paradise in summer. With luck they will spread a little yellow and keep you warm over this forecasted dreary weekend.


Share/Bookmark

I'm feeling rather blah today, yeah even though it's Friday. BFF #1 has left, BFF #2 went off and got a life, the man has to work tomorrow night and it's going to be freakin COLD all weekend. Even the prospect of Sunday & Sunday Brunch is not perking me up. I feel caged and restless and dower. The good news is that it's nothing more than the winter blues and not a mood wave. I'm restless but balanced. I'm not sure how one can be both restless and balanced but that is exactly what I am.

I think the Pixie and I will go to City Cycle, take some photos in Pixie Park and perhaps have a popcorn and chick flick night while daddy is stuck at work. My favorite chick flicks are below. What's yours?

August Rush - Best Chick Flick ever made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVk9QCpxkU
Bed of Roses. It's about time the Pixie see a Proper classic


Becoming Jane. I've never seen this one
but come on Anne Hathaway is the genX chick flick queen

No comments:

Post a Comment