Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 44 - I do...Again

“When two people meet and fall in love, there's a sudden rush of magic. Magic is just naturally present then. We tend to feed on that gratuitous magic without striving to make any more. One day we wake up and find that the magic is gone. We hustle to get it back, but by then it's usually too late, we've used it up. What we have to do is work like hell at making additional magic right from the start. It's hard work, but if we can remember to do it, we greatly improve our chances of making love stay.”
~Tom Robbins~
******
Today I'm grateful for:

love and it's ability to grow with just a little tending.

I Do Agains. They are a cosmic do over, a reward for good behavior, a badge of honor. Had I not I do'd in the first place my life would be lacking and the tragedy is, I'd never have known why I was so broken and empty. But I did and even when I didn't you did and we continue to I Do together every day. That is a gratitude beyond measure and beyond words.

my man, but only because of how he looks in Chocolate brown. What? I never said I wasn't shallow.

remembering my list is about gratitude and not the random extra crap I throw in it.

my friend Aubrey. She turned me on to Tom Robbins and saved the day. Love you hot stuff!

finding the perfect dress at the last possible minute. Now if I only had some help with the shoes!












23 years ago tomorrow a young, hot and buff Flyboy with a game show announcers voice asking "So, how fast can you plan a wedding?"

planning a wedding in 2 months and 4 days.

not letting the black eye stop the tears. Or the missing tooth stop the smile.

never again playing softball.

23 years of adventure.


Tom Robbins quote:

Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”

being not just willing, but longing to say "I do, Again" to my favorite outlaw.

Share/Bookmark



Is it necessary to do it all again? Well of course not. A marriage license does not expire. Well why then, after 23 years of marriage would you up and decide to do it again? Because I can. Because I can celebrate 23 years of wedded bliss by reaffirming my commitment to love, honor and *coughs* submit. Because I can say in front of our peers "I love this man more today than I did the day we did it the first time"  Because for some unfathomable reason, he seems to love me as much as I love him and he is willing to say so, out loud, in front of a room full of strangers.

Seems like an OK reason to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment