Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38 - The Invisible Woman

with admiration for the greatness for what you are building when no one sees ~ Fresh Brewed Life~

*******
I finally got it and Paul and I have made up. It was, like most arguments between a man and a woman, nothing more than a difference in communication styles. When Paul said "Wives submit to your husbands" I heard "Wives, shut the hell up and do what your told." What Paul meant was "Wives, respect your husbands." Ahhh, OK, now that I can get behind.

What Paul actually said was: Ephesians 5: 22-30

22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 5Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church

I know right? I know I needed a translation and today Pastor Ken delivered. What Paul was saying is:
Women are all about emotion and need from their husbands love. Men are all about action and what they need from their wives is respect.

OK Paul. Why didn't you just say so? If you had just said that I would not have spent months struggling with this whole submission thing.

To my husband I say publicly, where all can see: I respect you more than any other man on Earth. I see how hard you work to make a life for me and our children and I am proud of not just the work you do but the quality of it. My faith is not shaken by our years together but strengthened. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that every breath you take is for our family. You are the foundation upon which this life in paradise is built. Know that I know it and know that every single day, I am grateful for the work you put into it and I submit with confidence in your ability to guide, protect and love this family.

My pastor gave the sermon today in great pain. He had thrown his back out and needed assistance just to get up on the stage. Pastor Ken, I just wanted to say thank you. Today I got it.
Share/Bookmark


Today I'm grateful for:

this video and how it moved me. This video was played for us in church today and I put it here for all the women in my life. Believer or not, take a look and draw strength. You are seen and you are loved.


getting it. I'm sorry I ever doubted you Paul.

my husband. It's been awhile since he was on my list. In the writing of this he is sitting on the couch in his chocolate brown gulf shirt looking way to yummy to ignore. Only my list could keep me from some quality face time *drools*

a new treadmill. It is so freaking cool and WAAAAAAY better than the stationary monster! I'm going to introduce the dog to it very soon. If the Dog Whisperer can walk his dogs on one, I sure can! No more walks in the rain, no more scary walks in the dark. Put on your jogging paws Roy and get on board!

Sundays. Even with all today’s frustrations it's Super Sunday and it rocks!

Tylenol and Advil. I'm sick and stacking. Without them I'd be in bed shivering and hacking.

finding the door I've been looking for. Now, I just need to find the key.

striving to be the invisible woman. I'm not there yet but at least I know the direction to head.

******
I am the invisible woman in this photo
I am the reason he works as hard as he does
I am the reason he walks every day
I am the reaon he drinks nothing but water
I am the reason he cares so damn much


I am the invisible woman in this photo
I am the reason she feels free to be a goof-ball
I am the reson she cleaned her room without being asked
I am the reason her heart is unharmed
I am the reason she is so secure


No comments:

Post a Comment