Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 - Chocolate and Champagne

It's been a long day but a good day. It seems the day had been plotting against me. Trying to make me miss out on my daily dose of gratitude, but in the end, I'm sleepy and at peace.
Record breaking cold, hamster puddles on wood floor found with bare feet, $64,834.00 worth of rent receipts on new software, a shipment of troops in processing to Jax NAS means 15 sets of keys checked out and 12 leads all processed while processing rent, answering the phone and handling no heat calls. My superhero cape is dusty to be sure. Phones ringing at work, in the car and at home. Over exposed, under exposed and out of focus shoots and the temptation of an open bottle of Champagne all conspired to rob me of my gratitude and induce a meltdown. HA! Didn't happen. I have a soaring man in my bed and a soaring hamster on my lap and I end the day meltdown free and grateful. So HA Tuesday! I win!

Today I'm grateful for:

a baby sill on board. As of this moment, Jackson is still where he belongs.

a momma more healthy and less scared. Even if she IS sick and scared. We take our good news in small increments these days. Tomorrow 1/6/10 will be Jackson's birthday. It's a good day to be born.

sunshine rainbows. Sally's heart cast rainbows for my commute home. They never fail to make me smile.







my man. He navigated past my mood and managed to teach me something. Do NOT try this at home. Leave it to the trained professionals. He nearly lost an arm at one point but hung in there. His training and skill saved his life yet again.

remote sync auto speedflash. Who freakin knew? Manual? What's that?

crystal clear skies &  a winking little dipper. The  cold weather has produced some amazingly beautiful skies. Wish my camera could handle night sky shots. Perhaps one day.

drumming lessons for the Pixie. Our church drummer is a woman and she will be giving June lessons starting Sunday. Dude, that so rocks you have no idea.

a deposit that balanced on the first try. 2 in a row! Considering what I had to deal with and the interruptions I had, I'm a freakin accounting rock star!

Kelly being safely with her big sister. Wonder who is taking care of whom or if it really matters?

back to school day. For Real this time. Just in time for the snow they are calling for Thursday. Oh, Joy.

surviving today without letting Ms. Shankabitch loose. She's been gnawing on the duct tape again, but I've managed to keep her in line. The orc has taken some damage though.

The Biggest Loser. Season started tonight with a bang. I love that show. Even if it means typing up my list 1/2 asleep. It's worth it.

music. It's kept me going the last 2 days. That whole "Music has Charms to sooth a savage Breast, To soften Rocks, or bend a knotted oak" thing is true apparently.

the word awesome. I have used it in every conceivable way imaginable and a few unimaginable. When I say it; it never gets old. When I tell someone they are awesome it never fails to produce a smile and sometimes a blush. Making someone feel awesome is something that makes me feel grateful. The word awesome is indeed....well....awesome.

God. He is holding my hand tonight.


Not many usable photos from tonight but I learned a lot.
That's what this 365 day thing is supposed to be about right?











No comments:

Post a Comment