Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31 - Book Learnin

"Put more spirituality in your creativity"
Random horoscope text I received today

******
I'm done blogging, whining and talking about my mental health or lack there of. It's time for me to shut up and deal.

I love Sundays. On Sundays I get to do things like go to church, hug strangers, feed the hungry masses and read a fascinating book.

Today I'm grateful for:

Sundays. No matter how I feel, Sunday is ALWAYS better. 

God chat. Talking to and about God with people who know more than me. I heard Gil's testimony today while we served the masses in the Church Cafe. In between servings of Biscuits and Gravy I heard an extraordinary testimony. I'm usually the one who does all the talking. Today I just listened. I'm glad I did.

learning to listen. God keeps telling me to shut up and listen. It's a work in progress.

my story. Everybody has one and I'm no exception. Mine seems to be written on puzzle pieces. Pieces of the puzzle keep falling out of the sky and I watch, mouth agape, as they slide themselves into place. My story is developing and the plot is thickening. I wonder where it's going to take me.

brunch. Not breakfast, not lunch, but "brunch" Sounds so festive, and it usually is.

spontaneous hello's. I was out walking the little dog, my soundtrack blasting in my ears when I felt Roy going nuts at the end of his leash. I look up and who do I see? Gordo! "What you doin in my neighborhood Homey?" "Out walkin the dog and this is MY neighborhood thankyouverymych." It was a nice surprise. Gordo, living in my hood. Who'da thunk it.

walking. It's cold as hell out there. Roy and I didn't care. We walked nearly 3 miles. We saw an eagle playing in the thermals, we found the missing winking cat, we saw rays of sunlight break free of the storm clouds and race to earth, we were honked at by a star of stage and screen. Gordo himself. It was a grand walk.

a good blog. Today's gem is by Seth Godin. Random rules for ideas worth spreading it gave me food for thought and with luck, will help me improve the service my blog provides to my 3 loyal followers. My top 6 favorites rules are below, and I am fairly certain you will see them in my blog in the future.

•Waiting for inspiration is another way of saying that you're stalling. You don't wait for inspiration, you command it to appear.
•Don't poll your friends. It's your art, not an election.
•Avoid powerful people. Great ideas aren't anointed, they spread through a groundswell of support.
•Seek out apostles, not partners. People who benefit from spreading your idea, not people who need to own it.
•Be grateful. (hey, HIS idea not mine)
•Rise up to the opportunity, and do the idea justice.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment