Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 - My front porch looking in

“Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” Robert Frost


******
Today was a rough day. I barked at my daughter, I barked at the freaks, I snapped at the little dog and I said a bad word or twelve. It didn't help that I have a nasty headache that's gotten progressively worse throughout the day. I figured I'd spend the night trying to play nice then rush to bed and pray tomorrow is better. However, just before I left work, my mood improved just a little. A joke about a spork and my husbands remark to it about "a spork free zone" made me grin, then laugh out loud. Don't underestimate the healing power of laughter. The small gesture of a silly joke improved my day. I clung to that bit of humor like a life raft. Hoping it would carry me though the night and keep me from making my home a "spork zone"

Once I got home I paused outside my front window to take a breath and try, one last time, to release my mood and enter my home sprok free. I could hear the man and the Pixie talking though the open window, a Lady Gaga video playing. I could see the pink bike waiting for me, evening light laying across my dining room table highlighting the dust, and a little dog doing a "happy your home" dance and I eased up a little more. I entered my home and was immediately accosted by a Pixie with hugs and kisses and a man yelling down the hall "Who's dat in MY house?". Fricken A man, THAT'S the way to be welcomed home. After a long walk with a short dog and a little quite time with Esther I am nearly myself again. I'll bet once the Tylenol kicks in and I get a little hand holding with my favorite man, I may just make it back into my happy bubble.

Today I'm grateful for:

friends who care enough to make fun of me. Thanks George

my man. His hugs are occasionally painful and always welcome

Pixie hugs and kisses

walkies. 2 miles and all's right with the world.

Esther. I know I'm meant to study this book, I just wish I knew why. I'm trying to be patient. Have I mentioned that I SUCK at being patient?

looking in from the outside. It's the best view there is.

Home. There's no place like it.
 
******


******
The veiw from my front porch


No comments:

Post a Comment