Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24 - She's a little bit Rock-N-Roll

“Doing things the way you see it, going by your own heart and soul, that is pure artistic integrity. Whatever the hair is six or sixty inches long, the eyes have make-up or not, the riffs are in 'E' or 'F' sharp, the amps are Marshall or not, all those things don't matter if you are doing it for the right reason, which to me means doing it for yourself!” Lars Ulrich - Drummer Metallica

******
Today I got my happy back. I can't say I'm in the happy bubble, but I'm at least near-by. I knew Sunday would come through for me. There is just something about the day. Even before I became a God freak I loved Sundays. Anyway, today my gratitude abounds so lets get on with it...

Today I'm grateful for:

shifting to the left. I hate being crabby. I spent way to much of my life that way already.

Sundays

the fact that the Pixies first crush is on a boy from church. Oh thank you God. Her thinking of boys at all completely freaks me out, but at least he's God Fearing. I have the sporks locked and loaded, just in case.

Cameron Hendrix. She is the drummer in our church band and she is giving the Pixie lessons. She rocks and is cool beyond measure in the Pixies eyes.

drumming lessons. They make the Pixie happy and we've discovered she has mad natural skills. *makes odd rock-n-roll hand gesture*

long hard rides on the big pink bike. Today is actually hot and I got Roy's tongue to wag as hard as his tail. When you tire a Jack Russell, that's saying something. We are both still sweating and slurping water. It was an awesome ride.

Mike going to church with Kelly. It made my BFF happy and watching those two hold hands during service made me smile.

my new capri pants. They are cute and comfy and the fact I got them on sale makes them even better. They are the perfect Sunday pants.

French toast casserole. It's a heart attack in a casserole dish but it's gonna be goooda!

that I learned to let the anger slip away. Today's sermon was on "Anger, the Marriage killer" oh boy, don't I know that's the truth. Mind you, I'm still bi-polar, I'm still menopausal, and Ms. Shankabitch is always pulling on her duct tape, but I've learned to ride it out and let it go. No longer do I hold it in my heart and stew about it. No longer do I lie and say "I'm fine" when I'm not. I get it out and then I let it go. It's made the love I have for the man grow exponentially. Love is worth the effort.

Love. I has it.

Female drummers. Rock on dude.




******
Setting up


Speed Chops


Rock on Dude, Peace out...


That's my church by the way. Our KidStuff stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment