Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26 - Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater...

“It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.” Samuel Johnson

******
OK, so today's photo was not taken today. It was taken some time ago but it was edited today. Yeah, I know it's cheating but to me, the most important thing is that I'm grateful. I was totally stressing about how I was going to get my list done, the photo done, the freaks serviced, the family fed, the dog walked, and me to bible study on time. My list is supposed to be my way of putting positivity and gratitude into my heart and out into the universe. It's my way of "paying it forward" if you will. BUT when I panic and stress and fret about it, when it becomes a chore and not a joy, the purpose is defeated. So, with that said, I get on with my gratitude.

Today I'm grateful for:

an improvement in my mood. I'm less crabby, more balanced today. This is a good thing. I'm not sure the ladies in my Bible Study group are ready to meet Ms. Shankabitch.

Jalapeno Pringles. Shut up, don't judge me.

good debates. I thought they were lost. With those women, I should have known better. I'm in way over my head, I feel like an idiot and have, on at least one occasion, been asspuckered. I'm so glad to be back in the sandbox!

the ability to be crabby. I hate being crabby but let’s face it, it takes a certain level of stability and contentment to be crabby. I am not in danger, fear, duress, I am just a crabby sporker and damn lucky to be so.

jobs. Both the man and I have jobs. Those jobs afford us our life of bliss and adventure. I watch with a sad heart as more and more of my friends and neighbors, who have been trying desperately to hold on, circum to the economic madness. While I plan my return trip to paradise, they are trying to figure out how to survive. I resist the urge to say "how'd I get so lucky" and just say "Thank you"

Esther. She still escapes me, but the story is growing on me. We shall see where this journey takes me.

Siesta Key. I just love that place and if I have my way, I will return there yearly for the rest of my days. Who needs Hawaii or Europe. Give me a 4 hour drive Southeast and a beach chair and I'm good. It is 143 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes and 26 seconds until Saturday, June 19, 2010 when we return to paradise.


******



******
Today's Photo & My Cheat for today. I did edit it today.
Turtle Beach, Siesta Key, FL
June 2009




1 comment:

  1. Being able to be crabby...I love that you are thankful for that. And I totally agree. It takes talent.

    ReplyDelete