Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13 - Me and My Shadow

One's home is like a delicious piece of pie you order in a restaurant on a country road one cozy evening - the best piece of pie you have ever eaten in your life - and can never find again. After you leave home, you may find yourself feeling homesick, even if you have a new home that has nicer wallpaper and a more efficient dishwasher than the home in which you grew up. ~Lemony Snicket




After a long day away from home I pulled into my driveway and just looked at my house. A long time ago it use to contain everything I loved. Now my love is spread far and wide but my home is still my center. From the outside it's really not all that. It's modest, some would even say "cute" but it is my slice of paradise. It rests within a neighborhood that is stable and quiet, at least most of the time. It's where I'm free to seek out winking cats and bubble gum cars. It's where I can crawl and find posing ducks and little girls that like pink bikes as much as I do. My home rests within a city that has embraced me and made me it's own. I, who have been around the world 3 times have found a place to call home and it is indeed paradise.



Today I'm grateful for:

the man's willingness to feed my imagination, the Pixie's ability to take it to the next level and the hamster that's the secret ingredient in an imagination pie.

American Idol. Dissin freaks is a fun family activity. *sings* "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, you look like a fool with your pants on the ground"

tonight’s dinner. I am a domestic goddess.

Hush up vegans. It kicked ass.



my camera. It's changed the way I view the world and given me a healthier obsession.



my slice of paradise. Once I longed to return to the warmth and comfort of my parents house. Now I only long to return to my own. Huh....when did that happen.

knowing the true value of my "Modest" home. It's value is such that even Oprah can't afford it.

God seeking me out. I was not looking for him when he found me. I resist the urge to ask "why me?" and just say "Thank you"

knowing the secret for a happy life. I can't tell you what it is. You're going to have to figure it out for yourself.

the royal trio. Long may they torment their mother and delight their grandmother

********

Tonight's shot "Me and My shadow"














No comments:

Post a Comment