Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Gratitude

We made it! We made it to FRIDAY!!! *booty dances* Careful, my booty is rather large these days. Once it gets ta swingin, it gets hard to control. It’s been a long but interesting week.


Today I’m grateful for:

FRIDAY! *booty dances*

Today's Poohism: “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” I have 7 bridges in this town. I'll keep trying till I get it right

A completed query letter. Ma, this is the letter I send to literary agents, publishers and magazine editors. I’ve decided to feel out magazines and see if I can be a freelance writer. They better hurry cuz once Oprah calls, my price doubles.

Taking my little list to a whole, nutha, level. I now have a blog. Ma, basically is blog is exactly like these emails, just published out on the WWW for all to see. I am airing my insanity to the masses. This will either be an adventure, or ignored. Only time will tell. You can find me here: http://meagain-alifeofgratitude.blogspot.com/ if you want to share our emails with any of your friends, feel free to give them that link. I’m planning on throwing a couple of our old ones up there as well. Are there any you liked enough to repeat?

Letting it go. The bug that was up my butt yesterday has fallen out just in time for the weekend. Good timing dont’cha think?

Girls night out. If I can talk the man into letting me go that is. I’m gonna need to be REAL nice to him tonight. Not only am I asking that He be without me for a 3rd Saturday night in a row, but I need him to babysit the Pixie and the BFF. What you think my chances are?

My BFF. She rocks. She is going through a hard time right now but she takes the time out of her day to make me smile, she loans me a REAL film camera so I can play and she even treats me to dinner on Girls night. I love her to bits and pieces.

Sims 3. A new computer game I bought months ago. Remember when I was all pissed about blowing $50? It was because I bought that game and didn’t have a computer that could support it. Well the man fixed my computer while I was in DC and THAT GAME ROCKS! Awesomeness in pixilated form! I anticipate it being a while before the house gets cleaned…or I shower…or grunt…or…

Feeling good despite the fluff. Being obesely fluffy is driving me mad and making very crabby but thus far, I’m managing. I finished my medication today and I’m going to pick up the items for my detox so come Monday, this fluff’s days are numbered. Ounce by ounce I’m going to send the fluff back to Rex.

Knowing, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I can conquer the fluff. I didn’t used to have faith in myself and many still doubt me. That’s fine, I’ll just have to show them. After all, it took me 3 years to convince myself but hell, if I can quit smoking and get baptized, I can do anything. You watch, next year this time, I will be lighter, leaner and faster. I will come in 2nd from last in the GA Race for a Cure bike race and cross one more item off my goal list. Just wait and see.

Having a weekend to enjoy. Have I mentioned I’m glad to be home? Oh, OK, just checking.

I’m grateful for a thousand other things that never seem to make it to my list, life, family, a job I love, words, writing, the free internets, healthy kids, my own health and the health of the man, the man’s job and so much more but I think I’ll leave it here for today. Hope you two have a great weekend and do remember to give each other and the grandbabies a hug from me.

Love you,
Me
If you have the vision, you can look past the grey and see the sun spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment