Thursday, June 4, 2020

Day 8 - Smarter and More Compassionate


6/4/2020
Not perfect but these little buggers are hard to focus on




Thursday night is game night. My mini cousins come to my house and we play games, mainly Rock Band. Tonight we had a fire pit and played the Amnesty game. This is where you get to ask any questions you want and there can be no grudges held by the answer. 

We talked politics, science, and religion. We asked silly questions "what are the tributes you want in an SO" "Name your 10 favorite movies" "if you would right one wrong in this world what would it be and how would you do it" We went deep and we went silly and for 3 hours it was just us in the world. 

I'm telling you, this generations is smarter and more compassionate that the several before. Including my hippy generation. We though we were all high and mighty, writing wrongs, fighting wrongs and women's rights but at some point we became the establishment we were fighting against and everything went down hill from there. 

After an evening with these kids I am convince this world will be left in far better hands. 

~Peace

Today I'm grateful for:

God. He made this kids. The big guy know's what he's doing. 

an evening with the mini cousins. 

conversation. I don't get the opportunity for good conversation with my daughters spread across the country. They are epic talkers and it makes me happy. But the cousins are right up there. 

Joe. He's not a talker but he built the fire pit and visited for a few then he made himself scarce. He's a good man. 

camera lessons. I am giving Claudia lessons because she has what you can't teach. That and I want a photographer for the wedding. 

being bullied by a roster. I mean come on, how many people can say that?

being tired but happy. Good night folks


No comments:

Post a Comment