Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 297 - High Anxiety


Share/Bookmark

Today's sermon was titled "High Anxiety" and this is what I learned.


Mathew 6 25-34


"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?


"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

What my Pastor told me was this:

Worry is not a fear issue. It's a faith issue. God's not saying be passive. He's saying be pro-active. How do you stop worrying? You believe. Believe that God loves you. Believe that he values you more than sparrows and flowers. This does not mean sit on the couch picking navel lint. It means, if you want to lose your fear, do so by believing.

One of my favorite take-aways from Kidstuff has been "Do your best, let God take care of the rest"

I believe. 

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

believing. When I didn't I was lost. When I decided to, life bloomed.

being worry free. Dude, I'm not even afraid of flying anymore. I did my best. I prayed "Lord thy will be done. Return me home one way or another" he did the rest and returned me home.

hope and faith in her. One day she will be worry free. I will believe in her till she believes in herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment