Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 296 - Insperation


Share/Bookmark

Yesterday I was looking for inspiration. When I stopped looking for it, I found it. I found it in a movie no one in my house wanted to watch and all said was boring. Invictus. Seriously? That movie was boring? The story of the end of apartheid, about Nelson Mandela, about how Rugby healed a wounded nation is boring? O....K.... Not to me. I was inspired.

The title of a move comes from a poem by William Henley. According to the movie, this poem is what kept President Mandela going in his darkest of days. He would recite it to himself. At in the movie, over a soft musical score, Morgan Freeman read it. I cried and I was inspired to be better.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. It seems to go against my beliefs but laying awake in bed last night I realized that it's not. I have free will. It was given to me by God. I can choose my course, I choose to follow.

This movie inspired me and it's another Godprint. It's telling me I am not as far down the road as I thought I was. It's time for me to stand still and let my ego back up a few paces and catch up to reality.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

inspiration. I found it in a movie nobody wanted to watch and oddly enough, I found it in a photograph taken by my old camera waaaaaay back when I first discovered a new passion. A photograph that is poorly composed and was dismissed so long ago. Now it inspires the writer in me. I see a short story in this photograph, I wonder what adventure awaits within it.

Nelson Mandela. If you need an example in how to forgive look to him. If you need an example on how to be the right kind of political leader, look to him. If you are in need of inspiration, look to him.

a change of plans. A nice lady by the name of Ruth is helping me to plot and scheme. Plans may be changed but not scrapped. Thank you Ruth. God's plan is in action. He led me to your house. Now it's up to me to figure out the rest of his plan. Take a look at Ruth's house and tell me it's not one of the most beautiful you've ever seen?

God. They say "He works in mysterious ways." I don't believe that. I just think we have trouble listening. "Lord, help me to hear your will or lead me to an interpreter"

No comments:

Post a Comment