Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 246 - A work in Progress

Forgive me Lord for I am a work in progress. Bound to fail in my attempt to be perfect but with a soul designed by you to keep striving. 

~Beth Reed~


I strive to take the perfect photo and I always come up lacking.
Good thing the joy is in the striving
Share/Bookmark

I have a shocking statement.

I am not perfect.

Yeah, I know but hey, it's true. I am a work in progress and will be till I'm called home to glory. One day I discover that life is a choice and if I choose, life can be great. The next day I choose to let something make me miserable and knowing it's a choice and all I have to do is choose to be happy only makes me more determined to be a miserable cuss.

I don't like this about myself but I'm over beating myself up for it. That is not a license to be a jerk, it's simply part of my personal manifesto. I'll continue to strive to be perfect. I will continue to grow what is good and to shed what is not but I make a promise to myself *places hand over heart* "I, Beth Reed, will no longer stunt the process by getting stuck in self loathing. It's a pointless waste of time."

I am a work in progress. I am the little red mustang zooming down life's highway. Occasionally I may run over a squirrel and feel aweful about it, BUT my goal is not really to avoid squirrels. As bad as that may seem. My goal is to avoid other cars. Oh, and trees. Oh yeah, and boulders....

Peace ~



Today I'm grateful for:

progressing. 2 steps forward and one step back is still forward motion. I'm headed in the right direction.

returning to the starting point. I'm feeling lost. It's time for me to return to the beginning. I wonder if I can make Pastor Hal twitch this time. You know what? Never mind. I've lost my desire. Guess some things have stuck :)

coming home to a clean house. If Kelly keeps this up I may not let her leave.

Lisa's happiness.

the Royals. I'm an absentee Grandma in life but not in my heart.

Genesis. I finish it this weekend. I have spoken!

Ms. Amy. Cuz I know she's ready for her interview. I can't wait! She read Exodus just for the occasion. See? Interviews are good for you! Who's next? Leviticus is calling your name. Pastor Hal? Ms. Cindy? Ms. Sarah? Perhaps I should start picking on people outside of my fav 5 eh?

my man. I love him. Lots.

Einstein Brother's sprinkle cookies. Now THEY are nomable perfection.






No comments:

Post a Comment