Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 184 - Returning Home

Because of this, originality consists in returning to the origin.

~Antonio Gaudi~


some kids build sand castles. My Pixie makes genie bottles. 
Share/Bookmark

There are two "best" moments on a vacation. The first is the moment you pull out of your driveway, when anticipation and excitement is at it's peak. The second is when your car pulls back into your driveway, your heart full of fresh memories and relief that washes over you.

I am home. I am unpacked, laundry nearly done, grocery shopping done, showered, fed and sitting in my favorite spot with my dog tucked into the side of my chair and my favorite human channel surfing beside me. I'm a genie who has returned to her bottle. I am where the wild thing are. I am content and I am home. Tomorrow is Sunday. I can't wait. It's my favorite day of the week don't'cha know.

Peace ~

Today I'm grateful for:

home. It's my slice of paradise. Being away reminds me just how much I love home.

my bathtub. It's large and made for soaking. I was in it so long the man thought I might have drown. I just fell asleep in it. Again...

God. He brought us home safe.

getting my mustang back tomorrow. Billy's Xtara is nice and all, but it ain't my Sally.

BLT's. That was some good eats.

fresh blueberries on sale. My cousin bought me some beautiful blueberries. They got mushed on the return trip home :( BUT I found some on sale and will attempt to make my first blueberry pie. This ought to be interesting.

ideas for the other blog. I have "the eye of God" swimming in my head. Now I just need to figure out how to execute what's in my head. Oh, and "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." is the most epic opening line of any book ever.

snoring puppies.

a quiet house. All have given up the ghost and ended our final day of vacation by falling asleep in their own beds. All but me. I sit here typing my final list of my vacation with the familiar sound of the fish tank gurgle and the hamster snoring and feel a rush of contentment. In my head images of the last week play like a slide show and I am finally getting sleepy. I don't want to go to bed. When I go to bed it means vacation is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment