Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 151 - A happy life is not an Accident

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
~Unknown~

Share/Bookmark

Having a happy life is not something that can be wished for, assumed or given it has to be worked for and chosen. Having a happy life is not a spectator sport. You have to get up off your ass and work at it every minute of every day. This was a very hard lesson for me to learn but you know what? It was well worth it.

Now, I will readily admit I am in lucky 15-20% of man kind. My life has always been easy in comparison to nearly all my fellow humans. There were hard times, dark times, sad times and such. After all, I AM a member of the human race, BUT put my life up against another and you would have the right to ask "What the hell has SHE got to complain about?"

When I figured it out God smacked me and woke me up my life began to change. I can now make the following statements:

My life is God orchestrated
I am a happy woman
I live a happy life
I LOVE my husband
I don't NEED a drink and most times, I don't even want one
I am a non-smoker
I am happy with who I am
I know what I want to be when I grow up
I embrace change

These statements do not remain static. For them to remain true, I must remain dedicated to making them so. Don't worry about me. I got this.

Today I'm grateful for:

a happy life. With all my talk about choosing and working, it would be nothing without God's grace.

giving up the pretence. I AM one of THEM and guess what? I'm OK with that. Go figure.

praying outside the box. My 4th graders showed me how it's done. You see you climb on the monkey bars, hang upside down, clasp your hands, close your eyes and pray. Um, yeah, I'll get back to you on that one. In the mean time, I'll pray outside the box right here in my blog:

"Dear Heavenly Father: Thanks for the life upgrade. I don't deserve it but I'll try to kick it up a notch or 12. Um, you know all those sins? Yeah, um, please forgive this sinning superhero? I promise to try and do better. Oh, and please continue to lead my life. You do a way better job than I do. Thank you! You rock dude"

left overs. I may have to work but I'm gonna eat well.

fresh fruit. Oh man I love summer! My breakfast consisted of a peach, an orange, a banana, yogurt and some raw trail mix. Oh, and there is an ice cold watermelon just waiting for me to go at it with my trusty spork. *drools* To think I used to HATE fresh fruits and veggies. WHAT was I thinking?

working one day, getting paid for 2. Got to love double time.

pretending the office is closed. We are not answering phones or doors. We are playing catch-up and dude, MY DESK IS CLEAN! *swoons*

Making a joyful noise.

I believe this is what he had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment