Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 150 - Praying outside the Box

"pray continually"
~1 Thessalonians 5:17~


Share/Bookmark

This morning I lead this group of 4th grade freaks & weirdos for the very last time. Our regular program ended for the summer. In the fall I'll have to start the tricky process of winning over a brand new batch. *sighs* I miss them already.

At least we ended with a bang. Today's lesson was "Praying outside the box" The lesson may have well been titled "Created just for the Hippie" I checked the lesson plan on Saturday and just about peed with joy. I printed out Bible verses, photos of infinity boxes, and thought "Hmmmmm, how do you teach to pray outside the box when you're stuck inside a box?"

So, we went outside to the playground, ate Munchkins and prayed while we played. I brought the hamster along for entertainment and wore my Styx tee and cargo shorts to prove I knew what "outside the box" was all about. With prayer and preparation, God allowed me to connect and reach my small group of impressionable tweens. That's one of the best feelings ever.

Today I'm grateful for:

getting through to them. I have faith they will always remember to "pray outside the box".

Sundays. Just in case you didn't know, they are my favorite day of the week.

overgrown hamsters in Sunday School. They worked him out so hard he took a nap with me.

Sunday afternoon naps.

VH1 Classics A-Z. The M's rocked and I heard this song during the N's. It's Sunday Afternoon awesomeness.  

couch surfing with my baby. He's watching golf, I'm typing my list, the hamster is gnawing his bone on the hump between us. *sighs* Such a sweet and quite moment. Glad I noticed it.

feeling better. Tomorrow I start working out again. Thank you Lord. It's been nearly a week. I've missed it.

iTunes. It rocks. Literally

Ms. Amy. She hooked me up with the 4th graders. She is wise, smart and wonderful. I can't wait to see what she has planned for next year.

ice cold watermelon.

awesome videos taken by one of the 4th grade girls. She has mad skills in cinematography. I may watch her on TV receiving an Oscar one day. I can say "I knew her when"

No comments:

Post a Comment