Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 136 - Tagging the Wall of Jericho

"I start a picture and I finish it. I don't think about art while I work. I try to think about life."
~Jean Michel Basquiat~


 

Today I'm grateful for:

the 4th grade UpStreet gang. Today they tagged the Wall of Jericho with their best graffiti while learning that "Patience is a Virtue". The BFF team of tween girls won and voted to share the bubble machine of awesomeness. I wish I had brought my camera but I have the experience. It felt good to be back. I've missed them.

drum lessons. It's been a month and a half since the Pixies last lesson. The ease of her movements and the light in her eyes told me how much she'd missed it. Sitting there in the dark auditorium pretending not to listen I realized it missed it too.

getting it. Salt water and fresh water can not exist in the same space. Currently I am a pool of salt water. Fresh water is flowing into me and being turned to salt. With prayer and effort I will reverse the tide.


new skirts. I found the prettiest white gypsy skirt at Target yesterday on sale. It was one size smaller and not only fit, but had a bit of room to spare. Paired with my sweet little tie dyed peace sign rocker tee I was feeling pretty in my hippie garb.

 
Sundays. Hey, did you know that was my favorite day of the week?
 the book of James. This small book is speaking volumes to me. Over a year ago I read it for the first time. I didn't get it. In fact, it confused me to no end. Now I get it. Getting it rocks.

 afternoon rides.

our puppy. Roy adds texture and demotion to the joy in our lives. What he gives us well outweighs the trouble and frustration. Atta'Boy Roy!
one hit wonders. They made a lovely soundtrack to my Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment