Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 130 - Happy Monday is not an Oxymoron

An oxymoron (plural oxymorons, or sometimes the Greek plural oxymora) (from Greek ὀξύμωρον, "sharp dull") is a figure of speech that combines normally contradictory terms. They appear in a variety of contexts, including inadvertent errors such as extremely average, deliberate puns like same difference, and literary oxymorons that have been crafted to reveal a paradox.
~Wikipedia~

****

Today we are shaking up the list a little. Below is a meme I enjoy reading (The Monday Minute) but have never participated in. Today, I start participating. The meme creator has dedicated his efforts to helping a devastated mother and a sick child. That seemed like reason enough for me to participate but add to that this lovely woman’s story, her stunning monkey, her use of the term Pixie (queue pulled heartstrings) and I simply HAD to participate. I ask you, my 18 stalkers, please visit this site and add your prayers to those of the others. If you are so inclined my soft hearted, squishy stalkers, read her story and when you’re finished being all weepy, grab her button. The reward for your trouble, besides confirming your squishy status and this spiffy button, you can have a little fun and fill out your first meme. Come on now....I know you wanna. (what is a meme? Click here.)

Thanks Mama-Face for turning me on to both these sites. I stole one of them off you some time ago :)






Photobucket


Monday Minute Meme
Today's Monkey Minute.


1 - How old do you act?
I act my age unfortunately, though I dress like I'm 20, write like I'm 12, and feel like I'm 80.

2 - As far back as you can remember, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A dolphin trainer. I'm a mom...same thing.

3 - If you were to write a book based on your life, what would the title be?
Um, A Life of Gratitude. Yeah, that...

4 - What's something that you do that's considered "childish" by most?
The list is very long so I'll do the top: 1) I chew my nails and pick my nose 2) I cry at Disney movies 3) I can throw a good 2 year old's temper tantrum. 4) I love to splash water 5) I'm a tease 

5 - The last question isn't a question. Write a story of a time of when you or someone you know overcame great adversity. My story is written and not worth telling again so I will direct you here and here. They are far more interesting and heroic than I.

****
 
Share/Bookmark

Today I'm grateful for:

a happy Monday morning. Even given the fact I had a mammogram this morning.

biscotti. 110 calories and high speed internet access.

learning patience. It's a work in progress.

a good workout. My first since Friday Morning. I experience something very new for me last night. Restlessness. After 2 days of not working out my body needed to move. The man was amused and the hamster was freaked out. On a random side note and in the "odd things I think about when running sprints" I REALLY need to get a sports bra. Currently the puppies are flopping around like dead fish on a dock. If I don't get one SOON the puppies will become shar pei's minus the cute with double the droop.

the word mugwump. It's fun to say and it's fun to label yourself one and see all puzzled questions. I am a mugwump. I used to be a liberal but I'm recovering from the wounds nicely. However, I did lose my ability to see party lines. I think the affliction is permanent therefore I am a mugwump. Want my vote? Earn it.

no piles on Wilson. Do I dare to hope?

being someone’s favorite. It's not who you'd expect and that makes it all the more special.

life stories. We all have one, they are all different and they are all brilliantly beautiful. The older I get the smaller I feel. Some may think that a complaint but it's not. Feeling small means I'm less involved in my own life and more involved in life around me.

the absolute faith that God is the orchestrator of all life stories. He is the beginning, the middle and the end. Oh, and the visual of him in a tux & tails waiving a conductors baton with face radiating glory and long what hair whipping about as he moves. Hmmmm, wonder if my giggles mean I'm gonna get put in time out as soon as I cross heaves gate. Hey, I'm OK with that as long as the big guy lets me in.

Believe it or not, I took no mother's day photos
I will repeat one from last year
Classy no?
It is a Happy Monday. I woke on-time, I started the new week with a fresh perspective and fresh determination. I worked out with no odd butt settings on the ipod, my water glass safely across the room, and my morning sprints slightly easier to handle than usual. The mammogram was unpleasant but since I got across town, mushed, and back to work by 9 AM (only an hour late) even this was a happy event. It is done and dusted and off my "Things to avoid" list.

The phones have been nice to me, the freaks are in hiding (today is the day we serve 3-day notices), I dined on a nice peanut butter on wheat bread samich w/ a side order of jalapeño chips (don't judge me) and a bottle of water. OH, and no meanness today which is epic considering the meanness in the water around here.

Yes, all in all it is a very happy Monday morning and afternoon with a forecast of more happy Monday in reserve for this evening. With homemade chili, another workout, a ride on the big pink bike and couch surfing and hand holding with my favorite human while watching SWTS and web surfing, all queued up and ready to go, I'd say it can't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment