Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 71 - Spring Forward

“Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"”
~Robin Williams~
******
Today I'm grateful for:

spring forward. It's this weekend and means more light in the evenings. This means longer bike rides, windows open longer, and a happier Beth.

tree buds. Driving down Park St. on my way to work I can see my commute coming alive. Pink, green & white buds blooming on the trees. Pink petals on the ground like colored snow and the return of the squiggle! This year I WILL get a photo of one AND a spider web photo *stomps foot defiantly*

Friday! Being a Superhero and loving my job does not preclude me from celebrating the arrival of the weekend.

new life. If the weather holds, I fully intend on replanting the butterfly garden. I CAN'T WAIT to see all those colorful little faces smiling up at the shutterbug!

crock pots. Not crack-pots, thankyouverymuch, though I am thankful for my family, but CROCK pots. This morning I deposited a roast, some root veggies, some peppercorns, allspice, cinnamon sticks, banana peppers and a bottle of champagne. Oh, and about 5 tons of fresh garlic. I feel sorry for Roy. He's gonna be sniffing that all day with no chance of tasting. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

morning giggles. Roy was jealous of me and Wilson. It was hi-larious dude.

flowers. They are visual non-chemical mood stabilizers.

“A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.”
Unknown
Share/Bookmark

Spring is here! *booty dances*

Yes, yes, I know, technically it's not here till March 21st but guess what? I've never been one to observe technicalities. What I know is this: We've had several warm days in a row, today is the FIRST day I could ware my flip-flops to work, on my way in I saw pink petals and white petals on the trees just BEGGING for me to shoot them and this weekend we get to set the clocks forward an hour! *breaks into a freestyle booty dance* This fills me with such joy you just have NO idea. This means no more walks in the dark. No more canceled rendezvous with the big pink bike, this mean REGULAR exercise for the hamster and me! This means I have 106 days to get in shape before I have to grease my hips and pry myself into my swimsuit.

Oh, yeah, cute story. This morning I was working out with Wilson and the hamster kept pestering me. I could not for the life of me figure out what the hell was wrong with him UNTIL I completed my work-out. The INSTANT I got off the treadmill he jumped on and barked one squeaky bark at me as if to say "Mine!" Then he snuffled and pawed at the belt and gave me that "Well? What are you waiting for? Turn it on!" look. I said "Yes Sir!" turned it on and went off to shower laughing my butt off.

I'm more convinced than ever that the critter in my house, erroneously classified as a dog is in actuality a Freak Alien Hamster with cat like tendencies.

I was looking for my favorite version of
"You are my sunshine"
but found this and just HAD to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment